[net.sf-lovers] speaking of terminator...

jholt%Nosc@usiiden.ARPA (05/29/85)

From: <crash!usiiden!jholt@Nosc>

...did anyone notice that the 'listings' as seen thru the terminator's
eyes were snippets of apple's old dos 3.3?  i wonder if this constitutes
copyright infringement?

			joe holt

		   arpa: crash!jholt@nosc
		   uucp: {ihnp4 | cbosgd | sdcsvax | noscvax}!crash!jholt

joel@peora.UUCP (Joel Upchurch) (05/30/85)

        Did you also notice the code in COBOL and BASIC.  I found  the
        idea extremely funny that a super sophisticated robot would be
        using those languages.  Did anyone happen to notice any  other
        languages  they  were  using?  Actually  I  thought  that  the
        Terminator was a pretty good sf movie.  The premise struck  me
        as  being  similar  to  one Fred Saberhagen used in one of his
        Beserker stories 'Brother Assassin'.

hsu@cvl.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (05/31/85)

> From: <crash!usiiden!jholt@Nosc>
>
> ...did anyone notice that the 'listings' as seen thru the terminator's
> eyes were snippets of apple's old dos 3.3?  i wonder if this constitutes
> copyright infringement?
>
> 			joe holt

Egads.  The guy in the army jacket IS on the net.  Freeze frames of course
reveal the code to be some sort of set-up routine on the VTOC, but I
suspected it was probably somebody else's DOS routines.  And the much-touted
COBOL only appeared in one sequence, am I right?

-dave