[uw.general] Live Neptune footage

afscian@violet.waterloo.edu (Anthony Scian) (08/22/89)

For anybody that is interested, channel #23 has live footage
of the Voyager Neptune rendezvous (direct from NASA).

Anthony
//// Anthony Scian afscian@violet.uwaterloo.ca afscian@violet.waterloo.edu ////
"I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away" -U2

hazela@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Jose Reynaldo Setti) (08/22/89)

In article <16041@watdragon.waterloo.edu> afscian@violet.waterloo.edu (Anthony Scian) writes:
>For anybody that is interested, channel #23 has live footage
>of the Voyager Neptune rendezvous (direct from NASA).

Any idea about times, etc.?

/jrs

In article <6243@watdcsu.waterloo.edu> hazela@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (Jose Reynaldo Setti) writes:
>In article <16041@watdragon.waterloo.edu> afscian@violet.waterloo.edu (Anthony Scian) writes:
>>For anybody that is interested, channel #23 has live footage
>>of the Voyager Neptune rendezvous (direct from NASA).
>
>Any idea about times, etc.?
24 hours a day with different special telecasts being announced
on the channel.
//// Anthony Scian afscian@violet.uwaterloo.ca afscian@violet.waterloo.edu ////
"I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away" -U2

afscian@violet.waterloo.edu (Anthony Scian) (08/24/89)

Voyager's closest approach to Neptune (5000km):

Thursday	8:55pm PDT	->	11:55pm EDT

Voyager's closest approach to Triton (38600km):

Friday		2:10am PDT	->	5:10am EDT

In article <16081@watdragon.waterloo.edu> afscian@violet.waterloo.edu (Anthony Scian) writes:
>Voyager's closest approach to Neptune (5000km):
>Thursday	8:55pm PDT	->	11:55pm EDT
>
>Voyager's closest approach to Triton (38600km):
>Friday		2:10am PDT	->	5:10am EDT

These are the times that the signal originates from Neptune.
Add about four hours for the signal to get to earth.

Neptune: 3:55am	Triton: 9:10am