[uw.general] Who sells book shelves

wsflinn@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Scott Flinn) (09/10/89)

   Does anybody know of a store in KW that selves IKEA style bookshelves
(the $100-$150 variety)?  I need something 7ft x 3ft x 10in (roughly) with
4-5 shelves, but anything close will do.

   IKEA in Toronto never has in stock what I need, and the last time I
was there, I caused their main inventory computer to crash.  So I have
given up on IKEA.

Thanks,
Scott

sccowan@watmsg.waterloo.edu (S. Crispin Cowan) (09/11/89)

In article <11433@watcgl.waterloo.edu> wsflinn@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Scott Flinn) writes:

>   Does anybody know of a store in KW that selves IKEA style bookshelves
>(the $100-$150 variety)?  I need something 7ft x 3ft x 10in (roughly) with
>4-5 shelves, but anything close will do.
>
>   IKEA in Toronto never has in stock what I need, and the last time I
>was there, I caused their main inventory computer to crash.  So I have
>given up on IKEA.
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

Try Stack-A-Shelf.  They have a broad selection of very nice
veneered-particle-board type shelving, from the very cheap to the
pretty-good-looking.  Most of the stuff is you-do-it boxes with
screws, pegs, etc. that take about 20 minutes to assemble.  I've been
quite happy with the stuff that I've bought there.

They are located on a small service road (whose name I can't remember)
on the NW corner of Northfied Dr. and Hwy 86, i.e. one big block west
of Conastoga Mall.

Crispin

Disclaimer:  I have nothing to do with Stack-A-Shelf, except as a
happy customer.
Login name:	sccowan			In real life: S. Crispin Cowan
Office:		DC3548	x3934		Home phone: 570-2517
Post Awful:	60 Overlea Drive, Kitchener, N2M 1T1
UUCP:		watmath!watmsg!sccowan
Domain:		sccowan@watmsg.waterloo.edu

"Everything to excess.  Moderation is for monks."
	-Lazarus Long

amscaini@rose.waterloo.edu (Allan Scaini) (09/15/89)

In article <11433@watcgl.waterloo.edu> wsflinn@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Scott Flinn) writes:

>   Does anybody know of a store in KW that selves IKEA style bookshelves
>(the $100-$150 variety)?  I need something 7ft x 3ft x 10in (roughly) with
>4-5 shelves, but anything close will do.

I found a good bookshelf on sale a Beaver Lumber in Waterloo.  It is
approximately 6ft x 3ft x 10in with 5 shelves.  It goes for about $50.
You'll have to put it together yourself (1 hour tops).  Everything is
screwed into place, which makes it easy to take apart at the end of a term.

            Al