[net.sf-lovers] TESB on video

m1b@rayssd.UUCP (M. Joseph Barone) (05/30/85)

From: Mark Crispin <MRC@SU-SCORE.ARPA>:

>      Tower Video is having a video blowout sale, and I picked up
> a copy of TESB in Beta HiFi for $19.99.  Unlike the LaserDisc
> version which was compressed to 120 minutes, the videotape
> version is at the original speed and so is 124 minutes.

	Puhleeeeese give me an address which I can mail order to
(if it's possible).  Thanks.

Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871

arcorp@utcsri.UUCP (Alias Research Corporation) (06/02/85)

> From: Mark Crispin <MRC@SU-SCORE.ARPA>:
> >
> >      Tower Video is having a video blowout sale, and I picked up
> > a copy of TESB in Beta HiFi for $19.99.  Unlike the LaserDisc
> > version which was compressed to 120 minutes, the videotape
> > version is at the original speed and so is 124 minutes.
>
> 	Puhleeeeese give me an address which I can mail order to
> (if it's possible).  Thanks.
>
> Joe Barone,	{allegra, decvax!brunix, linus, ccice5}!rayssd!m1b
> Raytheon Co,	Submarine Signal Div., Box 330, Portsmouth, RI  02871

	Before we let this go any further, TESB is available as
a CAV format LaserDisc with the full length uncompressed, as
I heard it.
	My LV disc copy of "The Wild Bunch" is fifteen minutes longer than
the cassette version.

and to clarify some other notes...

	Just because a cassette has been released in cassette HiFi does
not mean that it is in stereo. The studios have decided to release mono-
phonic soundtracks in HiFi simply to enhance the quality of the presentation.
(Some people have claimed that certain movies have been released in stereo
only on cassette, since it says "HiFi", and the disc says "Mono").

	So please don't knock LV for such errors as time compression. It's
the fault of the releasing companies who take the easy way.

		Stephen Y. Trutiak

		allegra! utcsri! alias! steve