[net.sources.d] shar request

jpn@teddy.UUCP (03/11/86)

>>would someone please mail or post to the net a copy of the 'shar' creation
>>program.
>
>Ditto.  POST them - don't mail them.  There are more of us out there that
>want it.  Thanks in advance.

Please DON'T post them.  There are two very good implementations of shar
in the mod.sources archives, both in volume1 (one implemented as an sh
script called "newshar", and one implemented in C called "cshar").  Please
consult the last mod.sources Index (posted to both net.sources and
mod.sources) for archive access methods.  There is absolutely no reason
to keep re-posting the same sources over and over.

John P. Nelson, Moderator, mod.sources
(decvax!genrad!panda!jpn  seismo!harvard!wjh12!panda!jpn)
Send source code to panda!sources, requests to panda!sources-request

jay@isis.UUCP (Jay) (03/14/86)

In article <2248@teddy.UUCP> jpn@teddy.UUCP (John P. Nelson) writes:
>>>would someone please mail or post to the net a copy of the 'shar' creation program.
>>
>>Ditto.  POST them - don't mail them.  There are more of us out there that
>>want it.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Please DON'T post them.  There are two very good implementations of shar
>in the mod.sources archives, both in volume1 (one implemented as an sh
>script called "newshar", and one implemented in C called "cshar").

Sorry folks.  We new netters don't always know what is in archives.  Thanks
to all the folks who have forwarded their individual 'shar' scripts; but
let's stop the flames about NOT posting them.  I and those of us who asked
obviously didn't know where to find the scripts, and now that we all know
ALL TOO WELL, we gracefully ask that we be forgiven, and LET THE FLAMES GO OUT.

Jay Batson
{hao,nbires}!isis!jay
                 !elsi!jay