[net.sf-lovers] SF writer's-group-of-the-netwaves

crm@duke.UUCP (Charlie Martin) (05/23/85)

A couple of other notes in this group have caused me to finally get it through
my thick head that a number of people on this group are actually a) trying to
become SF writers or b) actually ARE SF writers.  As a member of group a, I've
got an idea that I'd been kicking around for a while, maybe its time has come:
how about an SF writer's group?

I can see two ways this could be done: as a sub-newsgroup (say net.
sf-lovers.ww, for writer's workshop) or as a mailing list/digest, a la
the New Age Digest (I know there are others, but I'm not up on what they
are.)

Anyway, if it were to be a mailing list, I suppose I could moderate, if only
to get useful criticism for my own stuff.  I'd just as druther have it be a
news group, though.

How about it?  (Steve, wanna be a Pet Pro for this? If you've put off sleeping
this long, you don't really need the sleep anyway!)
--

			Charlie Martin
			(...mcnc!duke!crm)

brust@hyper.UUCP (Steven Brust) (06/03/85)

> How about it?  (Steve, wanna be a Pet Pro for this? If you've put off sleeping
> this long, you don't really need the sleep anyway!)
> --
>
> 			Charlie Martin
> 			(...mcnc!duke!crm)

I'm flattered that you ask, but no.  I'm in a writer's
group already, and I consider myself the weakest critic
of the group.  Criticising (sp?) is as difficult for me
as writing, and not as rewarding.  I think that for everything
I said that helped, I would say two or three things that
damaged the manuscript in question.  Thanks for asking,
though.

			-- SKZB