[net.sources.d] Problems with larn

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (07/02/86)

In article <503@ukecc.UUCP> edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
>Has anyone else out there tried running larn on a 3B20? (I spose a
>3B2 would be close enough.) I have the game here but it has the
>odd bug that only the 'j' and 'l' movement commands work. This makes
>reasonable moving impossible. Before I spend hours tracking this bug
>down, has anybody else fixed it already??

	Well, I found the problem. As I suspected it was caused by the
fact that a 3B20 has unsigned characters.
	In display.c, near the function moveplayer(), there are two
arrays, diroffx[] and diroffy[], that contain values to move the player.
They both have '-1's in them and were declared as char arrays. Hence,
the -1's became 255's. Changing 'char' to 'short' solved the problem.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

Kentucky: The state that needs Japan to bring it into the 20th century.

"Goodnight M.A."