[net.sources.d] KORN SHELL

naftoli@aecom.UUCP (Robert N. Berlinger) (07/03/86)

> In article <1015@ttrdc.UUCP>, levy@ttrdc.UUCP writes:
> >I cannot speak for /bin/sh but however ksh (superset of Bourne, many bells
> >and whistles, almost as efficient as SysV Bourne) is available as source
> >for approximately $2000.

Just to let everyone know, a new version of ksh is now available from the
toolchest with bug fixes and enhancements (transparent handling of 8 bit
data is one of them) for $3000.  As far as I can tell, the $2000 version
is no longer available, and I don't think that there is any upgrade plan
for those who've already bought the $2000 version (don't quote me on that).
--
Robert Berlinger
Systems Analyst

UUCP:       ...{philabs,cucard,pegasus,ihnp4,rocky2}!aecom!naftoli
Compuserve: 73047,741