[net.sf-lovers] Marketing PBS movies

jerryh@SDCSVAX.ARPA (05/31/85)

From: crash!jerryh@SDCSVAX.ARPA

I recently saw a suggestion from someone on this digest concerning PBS and
the possibilities of their marketing some of the movies they've made.

I'd like to add my signature to that petition (if there is one).  I, too,
watch "The Lathe of Heaven" every time it comes on PBS, and would gladly
pay $30 or $40 for a copy of it on VHS.  Has anyone ever suggested to the
PBS Corp. (or Inc., or whatever) that they market some of their stuff on
videotape?  Sounds like an excellent idea to me, and would probably help
their cash flow quite a bit.

Is there any way to get this suggestion to someone involved with PBS?

Jerry Hewett { crash!jerryh@ucsd }

cw@vaxwaller.UUCP (Carl Weidling) (06/04/85)

> From: crash!jerryh@SDCSVAX.ARPA
>
> I recently saw a suggestion from someone on this digest concerning PBS and
> the possibilities of their marketing some of the movies they've made.

	I recall seeing a version of "Dracula" on PBS.  Is this another one
of their movies.  Of all the vampire movies I've seen, this version followed
Stoker's novel most closely.  I believe the count was played by Louis Jourdan.
				-Carl Weidling