[net.sources.d] strtok

freed@aum.UUCP (07/10/86)

Does anyone have a source to the strtok() routine. We need this SysV
routine to have on our Sun. Thanks in advance.
			      Erik
                           Erik James Freed
			   Aurora Systems
			   San Francisco, CA
			   ptsfa!aum!freed

gwyn@brl-smoke.UUCP (07/12/86)

In article <740@aum.UUCP> freed@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) writes:
>Does anyone have a source to the strtok() routine. We need this SysV
>routine to have on our Sun. Thanks in advance.

Sure; do you have a UNIX System V (or III) source license?

It shouldn't be at all hard to write the function from scratch,
working from its specification (do you have a System V manual?).
Perhaps I'll add this to the list of things I need to code up
for the public domain.

campbell@maynard.UUCP (07/13/86)

In article <2169@brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn@brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <740@aum.UUCP> freed@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) writes:
>>Does anyone have a source to the strtok() routine. We need this SysV
>>routine to have on our Sun. Thanks in advance.
>
>Sure; do you have a UNIX System V (or III) source license?
>
>It shouldn't be at all hard to write the function from scratch,
>working from its specification (do you have a System V manual?).
>Perhaps I'll add this to the list of things I need to code up
>for the public domain.

A public domain version of strtok() is included in Richard O'Keefe's
strings package, which I recently posted to mod.sources.
--
Larry Campbell                             The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: campbell%maynard.uucp@harvard.ARPA   120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109