[net.sources.d] Patch part 1

ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) (08/04/86)

The first part of the newly posted patch program by Larry Wall got
truncated somewhere between here and there.  The path it traveled was

sdcrdcf!burdvax!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!ukma!cbosgd!cbatt!clyde!caip!meccts.

The message id is <2922@sdcrdcf>.

Could these sites please check the source and figure out where it
happened?  The only way we can get this network to be reliable is to
jump on these things when they happen and find the cause.
--
Shane P. McCarron			UUCP	ihnp4!meccts!ahby
MECC Technical Services			ATT	(612) 481-3589

"Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever."

matt@oddjob.UUCP (Matt Crawford) (08/05/86)

It was truncated here too.  The path was
  gargoyle!ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!psuvm.bitnet!psuvax1!burdvax!sdcrdcf!lwall
It was about 600 lines short.
Matt		University	crawford@anl-mcs.arpa
Crawford	of Chicago	ihnp4!oddjob!matt

brown@nicmad.UUCP (08/06/86)

In article <475@meccts.UUCP> ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) writes:
>The first part of the newly posted patch program by Larry Wall got
>truncated somewhere between here and there.  The path it traveled was
>
>sdcrdcf!burdvax!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!ukma!cbosgd!cbatt!clyde!caip!meccts.
>
>The message id is <2922@sdcrdcf>.
>
>Could these sites please check the source and figure out where it
>happened?  The only way we can get this network to be reliable is to
>jump on these things when they happen and find the cause.

Here is the path that it took to get to me and it also was truncated.
Unfortunately the path is nearly the same.  Not many clues here.

--

		  ihnp4------\
		harvard-\     \

mcooper@usc-oberon.UUCP (Michael A. Cooper) (08/06/86)

In article <475@meccts.UUCP> ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) writes:
>The first part of the newly posted patch program by Larry Wall got
>truncated somewhere between here and there.  The path it traveled was
>
>sdcrdcf!burdvax!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!ukma!cbosgd!cbatt!clyde!caip!meccts.
>
>The message id is <2922@sdcrdcf>.
>
>Could these sites please check the source and figure out where it
>happened?  The only way we can get this network to be reliable is to
>jump on these things when they happen and find the cause.

Larry posted a "new" version recently?  Hmm, that's very strange -
sdcrdcf is our main news feed and we certainly haven't scene a new
copy of patch.

--
Michael A. Cooper, University Computing Services, U of Southern California
  UUCP: {sdcrdcf, uscvax}!usc-oberon!mcooper  BITNET: mcooper@uscvaxq

bob@multivu.UUCP (Bob Hutson) (08/08/86)

In article <806@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad.UUCP (Mr. Video) writes:
>Here is the path that it took to get to me and it also was truncated.
>Unfortunately the path is nearly the same.  Not many clues here.

>--
This might help (file truncated here):

--
		~ bob

         Bob Hutson
        (408) 946-6700 x4131

        ucbvax!ucdavis \
                         -- !lll-crg!lll-lcc!vecpyr!altos86!multivu!bob
                seismo /