[net.sources.d] PC-LISP Mayday! Mayday!

john@uwmacc.UUCP (john jacobsen) (08/14/86)

(* Viscuous vicious line-neater *)

Hello all you net.people!

	A few days ago our site recieved the posting in net.sources of
Peter Ashwood Smith's PC-LISP.  It looks like a great program, and I'd
just love to use it on my PC.  I downloaded it and uudecoded and unARCed it...
everything was just fine, exciting, even, except ARC couldn't unARC the
file PC-LISP.EXE, which of course one MUST have to fully enjoy this LISP.
I think my site got the uuencoded transmission just a little faulty , thus the
difficulty.  Would any of you out there mail me the uuencoded posting again
so that I enjoy living once more?  Even an ARCed and uuencoded version of
PC-LISP.EXE would be very nice.  Thanks!

John E. Jacobsen
University of Wisconsin -- Madison Academic Computing Center

(P.s. I downloaded the files using BINARY transfer protocol, and followed the
directions PRECISELY three times, each with the same result.  Wierd, huh?

tfra@ur-tut.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (08/14/86)

In <160@uwmacc.UUCP>, John Jacobsen writes:
>	A few days ago our site recieved the posting in net.sources of
>Peter Ashwood Smith's PC-LISP.  It looks like a great program, and I'd
>just love to use it on my PC.  I downloaded it and uudecoded and unARCed it...
>everything was just fine, exciting, even, except ARC couldn't unARC the
>file PC-LISP.EXE, which of course one MUST have to fully enjoy this LISP.
>I think my site got the uuencoded transmission just a little faulty , thus the
>difficulty.  Would any of you out there mail me the uuencoded posting again
>so that I enjoy living once more?  Even an ARCed and uuencoded version of
>PC-LISP.EXE would be very nice.  Thanks!

I also have the same problem.  Perhaps someone could post just the uuencoded
.EXE?  I'm sure that others out there have had the same problem.

Thanks in advance,

- Tom Frauenhofer

...!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!tfra

pete@burdvax.UUCP (Pete Halverson) (08/15/86)

[ ----- gulp ------ ]

In article <160@uwmacc.UUCP> john@uwmacc.UUCP (john jacobsen) writes:

>[Peter Ashwood Smith's PC-LISP] looks like a great program, and I'd
>just love to use it on my PC.  I downloaded it and uudecoded and unARCed it...
>everything was just fine, exciting, even, except ARC couldn't unARC the
>file PC-LISP.EXE ...
>Would any of you out there mail me the uuencoded posting again
>so that I enjoy living once more?  Even an ARCed and uuencoded version of
>PC-LISP.EXE would be very nice.  Thanks!

PC-LISP.EXE got munged here also.  Has anyone else experienced problems
with this archive? If so, a repost of just the executable might be nice;
otherwise I'd like a good copy too.  Thanks beaucoup.

Pete Halverson

System Development Corporation, A Burroughs Company
Paoli Research Center

pete@burdvax.UUCP
sdcrdcf!burdvax!pete
{sjuvax,ihnp4, akgua, cadre}!psuvax1!burdvax!pete

stevens@boulder.UUCP (Curt Stevens) (08/15/86)

>>just love to use it on my PC.  I downloaded it and uudecoded and unARCed it...
>>everything was just fine, exciting, even, except ARC couldn't unARC the
>>file PC-LISP.EXE, which of course one MUST have to fully enjoy this LISP.
>>I think my site got the uuencoded transmission just a little faulty , thus the

This happened here at boulder too. Please repost the exe file. Thanks in
advance.
Curt Stevens                      |             ||    ---           \
University of Colorado at Boulder |             ||    | |            \
Comp.Sci.(systems)   303/492-6096 |             ||    ---             \
-----------------------------------             ||           =====     |
E-MAIL:                           |             ||           =====     |
uucp:seismo!nbires!boulder!stevens|             ||    ---             /
csnet:             stevens@boulder|             ||    | |            /
arpa:  stevens%boulder@csnet-relay|             ||    ---           /

tim@idec.stc.co.uk (Tim Hoverd) (08/26/86)

Not surprisingly (sp?) PC-LISP.EXE didn't get here either.
Can it be reposted?

Thanks.

|Tim Hoverd                     | VOICE: +44 0438 738132                |
|STC Technology Ltd             | UUCP:  tim@idec.stc.co.uk             |
|Six Hills House                |                                       |
|London Road                    |                                       |
|Stevenage                      |                                       |
|Hertfordshire SG1 1YB          |                                       |
|UNITED KINGDOM                 |                                       |