[net.sf-lovers] Any more by this author?

pugh@topaz.ARPA (06/04/85)

From: "pugh jon%e.mfenet"@LLL-MFE.ARPA

I just re-read a great story and wondered if anyone knew of anything else
by the author.  The story is "The Morphology of the Kirkham Wreak" by Hilbert
Schenck.  It appears in The Best SF of the year #8, edited by Terry Carr,
and the credits list it from Fantasy and Science Fiction, Sept. 1978.

It is an awesome story, and I refuse to spoil it, except to say that it is
set in England during a raging storm and the hero has to save the crew of
a wreaked sailing vessel.  The results are no less than cosmic.

Does anyone know where I can find more by Mr. Schenck, and is it up to snuff?
This story really appealed to me.  I loved the setting, mood, tone, and the
wonderful power of the story.  I highly recommend this story to anyone
reading.

Jon Pugh
pugh%e@lll-mfe.arpa

wfi@rti-sel.UUCP (William Ingogly) (06/05/85)

In article <2192@topaz.ARPA> pugh@topaz.ARPA writes:

>I just re-read a great story and wondered if anyone knew of anything else
>by the author.  The story is "The Morphology of the Kirkham Wreak" by Hilbert
>Schenck.  It appears in The Best SF of the year #8, edited by Terry Carr,
>and the credits list it from Fantasy and Science Fiction, Sept. 1978.
>Does anyone know where I can find more by Mr. Schenck, and is it up to snuff?

Hilbert Schenck has published a number of stories in Fantasy and
Science Fiction over the last few years, so you might check the annual
"Best of Fantasy and Science Fiction" collection (I assume it's still
being published on a yearly basis; I don't read the anthologies
because I subscribe to the magazine). He seems to consistently produce
engaging, well-plotted stories, and I've enjoyed everything I've read
by him. If anyone knows that he's published a novel or has one in the
works, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

                              -- Bill Ingogly