[net.sf-lovers] 2001'' -- a warning

kevin%bach.DEC@decwrl.ARPA (05/27/85)

From: kevin%bach.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Kevin LaRue -- You can hack anything you want with TECO and DDT)

MGM is currently distributing ``2001'' WITH AN INTERMISSION built into it!
This intermission is of course rather jarring to the flow of the movie.  (Those
of you who are in the Boston area -- I attended the second showing on the first
day which Coolidge Corners showed it;  on my way out I talked to the people who
were running the place;  they agreed with my sentiments and claimed to have two
projectionists working on rectifying the problem.)

	Kevin

steven@ism70.UUCP (05/29/85)

_2_0_0_1_:_ _A_ _S_p_a_c_e_ _O_d_y_s_s_e_y has always been shown in theatres with an
intermission. The intermission occurs after Bowman and Poole sit
in the pod and discuss shutting down HAL.

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (05/30/85)

> From: kevin%bach.DEC@decwrl.ARPA  (Kevin LaRue -- You can hack anything you want with TECO and DDT)
>

> MGM is currently distributing ``2001'' WITH AN INTERMISSION built into it!
> This intermission is of course rather jarring to the flow of the movie.

This is not new.  When I saw 2001 on its second or third theatrical release
(1973?) the intermission was in the movie, also.  I believe it occurs right
after the scene where Frank and Dave are in the pod and HAL is reading their
lips.

Chances are this is just a remake of an old print.

                             -- Walt Tucker
                                Tektronix, Inc.

rfg@hound.UUCP (R.GRANTGES) (05/31/85)

[]
Strange.
I saw 2001 perhaps 10 times and i don't remember any intermission.

--

"It's the thought, if any, that counts!"  Dick Grantges  hound!rfg

julian@osu-eddie.UUCP (Julian Gomez) (06/06/85)

> > MGM is currently distributing ``2001'' WITH AN INTERMISSION built into it!
> > This intermission is of course rather jarring to the flow of the movie.
>
> This is not new.  When I saw 2001 on its second or third theatrical release
> (1973?) the intermission was in the movie, also.  I believe it occurs right

It had an intermission in the first release in 1968.
--
	Julian "a tribble took it" Gomez
	The Ohio State University