[net.music] Best Lyrics Ever

sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman) (10/26/84)

How can anyone deny not to fail to be moved by the one song that captures the
true essence of Canada, the True North Strong and Free:

Take Off  -  Bob and Doug McKenzie (and Geddy Lee)

Take Off, to the Great White North,
Take Off, it's a beauty way to go,
Take Off, to the Great White North.

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (10/30/84)

> From: sahayman@watcgl.UUCP (Steve Hayman)

> How can anyone deny not to fail to be moved by the one song that captures the
> true essence of Canada, the True North Strong and Free:

> Take Off  -  Bob and Doug McKenzie (and Geddy Lee)

> Take Off, to the Great White North,
> Take Off, it's a beauty way to go,
> Take Off, to the Great White North.

Yes, but as equally meaning as the verses are, the rest is silly (but then I
guess it's supposed to be, since it's comedy).

ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh

Oh, you're such a hoser!
--
			Baby tie your hair back in a long white bow ...
			Meet me in the field, behind the dynamo ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo