[mod.mac] Need SUMACC cc68 with Expanded Symbol Table for New Mac Kermit

SY.FDC@CU20B.COLUMBIA.EDU (Frank da Cruz) (03/21/86)

We have a fixed up version of Macintosh Kermit ready to go (the VT102
emulation -- including the notorious boldface problem -- was fixed by Davide
Cervone at the University of Rochester <DPVC@UORDBV.BITNET>, and fixes were
also made to the system-independent protocol portion at Columbia).  Problem
is, I can't compile Davide's CKMCON.C (terminal emulation) module under
SUMACC -- the cc68 cross compiler runs out of symbol table space...

> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 86 17:51:56 est
> From: Charlie C. Kim <cck@cucca.columbia.edu>
> Subject: Re: Fixes to MacKermit
>
> A noted problem with the standard cc68 (as was distributed with
> SumAcc) is the # of symbols it can handle.  Croft sent out the fix a
> while back, but since we don't have the source for the compiler, we
> could not install it.
>
> You can (a) break it up and hope for the best, (b) try finding a Sun
> to compile it on, (c) find the 68000 C compiler sources and recompile
> with larger symbol table space, or (d) get a copy of cc68 with
> increased symbol space from someone.
>
> Charlie

I'm not about to mess with the Macintosh code itself, and I don't have a
SUN, and I don't have the SUMACC sources.  Does anybody have an expanded
cc68 that I can FTP from somewhere?  - Frank
-------