From: John T Kohl <jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 86 15:34:53 EDT
Subject: MacDump problems

Someone recently reported problems about using single sided disks (I
think) with MacDump.

To use Single Sided disks, you need to do the following:
1) Initialize as single-sided, HFS disks (hold down option-clover during
ENTIRE initialization process, including "Name this disk")
2) When MacDump asks for a disk, insert the 1-sided disk WHILE HOLDING
DOWN option-clover.  This makes it realize the disk is really HFS.

If you insert a 1-sided HFS disk without holding down option-clover,
MacDump will convert it to MFS and barf.

Hope this helps.

John T Kohl
jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
	-or-
...!mit-eddie!jtkohl

------------------------------

From: halff@nprdc.arpa (Henry Halff)
Date: 12 July 1986 0551-PDT (Saturday)
Subject: Rotated Text

I have a need to laser print text that has been rotated to an arbitrary
orientation.  Is there an Mac software available that will let me do this
without grubbing around in Postscript?

Thanks
hh

------------------------------

From: John T Kohl <jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 86 21:55:48 EDT
Subject: Changing font numbers?

Has anyone out there dealt with changing font numbers?  I have a couple
conflicts I want to clean up, but I don't know which resources I need to
frob.

The Font/DA Mover doesn't do the right thing anymore (on a 512K w/ new
roms + 800k drive).

Thanks,

John T Kohl
jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
	-or-
...!mit-eddie!jtkohl

------------------------------

Date: 12 Jul 86 17:40:56 EDT
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V2 #28

Delphi Mac Digest          Saturday, 12 July 1986      Volume 2 : Issue 28

Today's Topics:
     HD-20 startup
     RE: HD-20 startup (Re: Msg 9949)
     RE: HD-20 startup (Re: Msg 9953)
     fractEnable
     MockPackage utlities Bugs
     Microsoft Word 2.0
     RE: Microsoft Word 2.0 (Re: Msg 10015)
     disk labels
     QUED bugs & features
     RE: MockPackage utlities Bugs (Re: Msg 10002)
     MacWrite -> Wang WP?
     Smalltalk
     RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 10069)
     Copy-protection
     TEMPO and DA's
     RE: TEMPO and DA's (Re: Msg 10077)
     RE: Historic Moments of this SIG (Re: Msg 10087)
     RE: Historic Moments of this SIG (Re: Msg 10099)
     MSWord-BrotherHR
     RE: MSWord-BrotherHR (Re: Msg 10089)
     RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 10069)
     RE: Smalltalk (Re: Msg 10069)
     Desktop rebuilding tip
     backup/Dantz Software
     RE: HFS Backup Review & Fedit blues &
         C compilers for scientific applications
     RE: Aztec C version of Apple's List Manager example
     Macintosh Programmers Workshop
     RE: MacWrite -> Wang WP? (Re: Msg 10139)
     weird crash
     Upgrades...Anti-Capitalistic!
     128K ROM and 400K HabaDisk

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV2-28.ARC

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Jul 86 16:56 EDT
From: Joseph Weinstein <WEINSTEIN@BBNV1.ARPA>
Subject: MacInHebrew Version 2.0

The next three files contain the latest version of MacInHebrew, a general
purpose adaptor which enables most Macintosh software to handle Hebrew
characters with true right-to-left motion and display. This upgrade fixes
numerous bugs, and unlike previous versions is fully Mac+ compatible.
The three files which follow are MacInHebrew2.0-DA.hqx,MacInHebrew2.0-fonts.hqx,
and MacInHebrew2.0-instr.hqx. They are in BinHex 4.0 format, and must be
converted back into binary form through use of BinHex 4.0 or later before use.
Please delete from your bulletin board any earlier versions of MacInHebrew,
as there is no reason why any user should ever need to go back to them.
MacInHebrew2.0-instr.hqx contains instructions on installation and use; it
is a MacWrite file, and can be read with MacWrite 4.5 or later.

[
archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>MACINHEBREW20-DA.HQX
                                  MACINHEBREW20-FONTS.HQX
                                  MACINHEBREW20-INSTR.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 86 23:44:15 PDT
From: Paul Sampson <entropy!pds@uw-beaver.arpa>
Subject: Mac Multi-window word processors

I'm quite anxious to buy a multiple-window word processor such
as Microsoft WORD, or the newly released MultiWrite, but I
would prefer to see one or more reviews of these (and
perhaps other) programs before buying.  The journals
(MacWorld, MacUser) haven't provided word processing reviews
yet, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience/opinions
they would like to share.

Paul D. Sampson			...uw-beaver!entropy!pds
Dept of Statistics
Univ. of Washington

End of INFO-MAC Digest