[mod.mac] INFO-MAC Digest V5 #11

INFO-MAC-REQUEST@SUMEX-AIM.ARPA (Moderator David Gelphman...) (11/17/86)

INFO-MAC Digest          Sunday, 16 Nov 1986       Volume 5 : Issue 11

Today's Topics:
                       warning about Servant-0.84
          Bug in MacTutor program (Nov. 1986) (TextEdit + Tabs)
                        Old ROMs and 800K Drives
                 Backdrop, a random background selector.
                     GAME-MACLANDING-MACMISSILES.HQX
                           Response from Apple
                      change laserwriter page size?
                     Changing MacWrite Default Font
                        MacPlus Keyboard Run-away
                 Using LaserWriters with other computers
                        Mac Cheapware Suggestions
                    New Microsoft BASIC, Version 3.0
                           PICTs and MacWrite
                            Calendar program
                      PostScript to Imagen filter?
                             Where's Koala ?
                   Wanted: the MacBinary specification
                     Probably Unrealistic DA Request
                 Demo for Chinese Word Processor - FeiMa
                          Corvus disk question
                        Usenet Mac Digest V2 #93
                        Delphi Mac Digest V2 #59

Date: Thu 13 Nov 86 11:35:01-CST
From: Werner Uhrig  <CMP.WERNER@R20.UTEXAS.EDU>
Subject: warning about Servant-0.84

a friend warned me NOT to use this version with disks I can't afford to lose
(like my hard-disk) - he seems to have had a problem, where Servant goes off
mucking with the directory and taking forever.  I've seen the phenomenon with
a floppy, where it took nearly a minute just to change the display of a
directory from "by name" to "by size".   I can imagine how long it would take
on a hard disk - long enough to get impatient and hit the RESET-button, I guess.
with unknown consequences ....

trying to use the DA Acta with it also resulted in an instant bomb.

back to using Switcher, which seems more docile and house-broken to me.

[ note from moderator: for those who are worried that you missed the posting
of a more recent version of Servant than 0.79, I am waiting for a version
which Andy wants posted. I was specifically told not to post one until he
posts a version himself to other nets, then I will post that one. DAVEG ]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 15:51:26 +0100
From: Dolf Starreveld <mcvax!uva!dolf@seismo.CSS.GOV>
Subject: Bug in MacTutor program (Nov. 1986) (TextEdit + Tabs)

In the november issue of MacTutor, some code was presented that would
allow to extend the standard text edit routines of the Mac to use real
tabs. A very nice idea, and just what I needed.
When we implemented the code from MacTutor, everything seemed to work fine,
except for one thing. The cursor seemed to be displayed one pixel too far
to the right to be aestethically pleasant.
Something also went wrong when editting a line containing at least one tab.
Suppose thfe followingg contents of a line:
abcde^tefghj
where the ^t stands for a tab character. We placed the insertion
point just after for instance the e (by clicking with the mouse).
Than we typed a single character and what we saw was:
abcde^texfghj
but between the tab (visible as white space) and the newly drawn e, the
leftmost column of the e's pixel image was still visible. It looked
like the e's superimposed with the second shifted one pixel to the right.
We inspected the code and found the bug. I don't explain why it should be
like below, that would be a long story, but the change worked.

To fix:
In the routine tabTxWrite, just after the fragment:
	move.l	sp,-(sp)
	_GetPen
	move.l	(sp)+,d5
	sub	d7,d5

add a single instruction:
	subq	#1,d5

the next instructions are:
	move.l	nowTabs(a5),a0
	move.l	(a0),a0

All this code was at the top of the second column on page 66.

		Dolf Starreveld and Wim Mooij
--
			Dolf Starreveld
			Department of Computer Science, UvA

Usenet:			dolf@uva.uucp
			{seismo,decvax,philabs}!mcvax!uva!dolf

Snail mail:		Dolf Starreveld
			Department of Computing Science
			University of Amsterdam
			Kruislaan 409
			NL-1098 SJ  Amsterdam
			The Netherlands

Telefone:		In Holland:    020-592 5137/5022
			International: 31-20-592 5137 or 31-20-592 5022

Telex:			10262 HEF NL

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 10:19:13 EST
From: bills@CCA.CCA.COM (Bill Stackhouse)
Subject: Old ROMs and 800K Drives

Yes you can use 800K Apple Mac drives with the 64K ROMs if
you have a copy of HD20 BUT ONLY on 512K (or more) memory.
This will NOT work on 128K MACs.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 16:03 PST
From: PUGH%CCX.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA
Subject: Backdrop, a random background selector.

This is a packit file with two things in it, a MacWrite document
and a file of type DRVR.  The MacWrite files tells how to use
this thing.  What it does is allows you to select a random
StartUpScreen from a folder of them and keeps it as your DeskTop
background.  Throw out the old StartUpDesk, this is much better.
I have had no luck getting it to work on an MFS disk, but I may
be doing something wrong.  I got this from the A32 November club
disk.

A32 is a San Jose user group that meets the second Saturday of
every month at the GTE cafateria at the corner of the Capitol
Expressway and 237.

Enjoy,

Jon

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DA-BACKDROP.HQX

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: 16 Nov 1986 13:25-EST
From: Bruce.Horn@vlsi.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: GAME-MACLANDING-MACMISSILES.HQX

Here are two shareware games by Avie Tevanian, MacMissiles (aka Missile
Command) and MacLanding (aka Defender).  I think these are two of the
best action games I've seen for the Macintosh.  Defender addicts,
especially, will like MacLanding--it's fast, with very nice sound
effects.

MacMissiles comes with a help screen, but MacLanding doesn't, so here
are some instructions to help you get going:

	* Left shift key moves ship down, Tab key moves ship up
	* Option key is hyperspace
	* Enter key releases a smart bomb
	* Single quote (') thrusts, and Return fires
	* Space bar pauses
	* 0-7 sets volume

Have fun!

--Bruce

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>GAME-MACLANDING-MACMISSILES.HQX

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 86 17:33:47 pst
From: Ron Barr <barr%apple.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Response from Apple

(This note has been posted by Ron Barr, a member of Apple Computer's Technical
Operations group.  It is a response to a note posted by David Gelphman
dated Thursday, October 23rd.  The response comes from George Deriso, a
supervisor in Apple's Technical Communications group.  The text of David
Gelphman's note is included for your reference.)

-----------------------
"Numerous bug reports for the Apple programs Write, Paint, Draw have been
circulating for quite awhile.  MacWrite is one of the few programs which
won't run on the Levco Mac.  It regularly trashes documents (more than
any other program I've heard about), scrolls slower than molasses and generally
has a reputation these days as being a real dog.

"MacPaint is still a fine program (although outperformed by FullPaint)
but has the clipboard problem which has been reported many times and workarounds
have been posted (I wonder what those who don't have access to bboards
do to solve these problems).

"MacDraw has the well publicized font problems with patches posted regularly
on how to get around it (even in this month's MacUser or Mac World).  If
I was a novice user there is no way I would have FEDIT or feel comfortable
changing a program after reading something in Mac World.

"I think the above problems which have not been addressed by Apple (read
that FIXED AND DISTRIBUTED TO THE PUBLIC) together are one serious problem.
 I sympathize with the new user who buys MacPaint and an external floppy
disk, configures his software in an intelligent way (i.e. one system disk
with many application disks), and then can't cut and paste to MacPaint.
 I don't consider this user friendly and I'm sure it seems mysterious to
the uninitiated.

"All of the above problems are very serious and should be addressed as
soon as possible.  I personally feel I have championed the Macintosh and
have tried very hard to convince people that it is powerful and easy to
use.  I was embarrassed by the problems with the system software in the
recent past.  Novice users were intimidated at all the bugs they were hearing
about in the users group meetings.  It seems to me that Apple certainly
has the resources to get new versions of the software out there which corrects
these obvious bugs.  Let's see it as soon as possible."
-----------------------

Let me begin by pointing out that Levco has a DA that patches MacWrite
so it will operate correctly with their products.  It is available by phoning
(619) 457-2011.

David's comments illustrate well many of every computer user's frustrations
caused by imperfections in software and incompatibilities caused by the
implementation of new technologies.  He clearly believes in Apple Computer's
products, and his observations are valid.

Apple is well aware of the bugs and incompatibilities listed above and
is working with the writers of the software and designers of the hardware
to solve these problems.  I'd like to describe how this is done and attempt
to illustrate why the changes are not immediate.

When Apple receives a Macintosh hardware or software bug report, it is
entered in a database and an Apple report is generated.  This report comprises
the new and "open" bug issues and is discussed in a weekly meeting, the
participants of which represent hardware and software engineering, technical
support, developer technical support, product management, and other significant
groups.

In each meeting, the bugs are discussed, prioritized, and assigned to Apple
resources in one or more of the groups listed above.  Specifically, it
is sent to the most appropriate person to validate it.  Once validated,
it is assigned to an engineering resource to be fixed.  The actual fixing
process requires finding the offending code or piece of hardware, patching/replacing
it and testing it.  This can take a significant amount of time, particularly
if it must be sent to a third-party developer (as with MacWrite).  The
next step is to send it to Apple's product testers for formal testing.
 If the fix did not entirely solve the problem, or if it caused other problems
to surface, it is recycled to engineering, back to product testing, and
so on.

Other factors come into play: decisions must be made about how to distribute
the software, when to revise it (in the event that more than one bug fix
is pending), whether to add enhancements and whether the fix might adversely
affect other third-party or Apple products.

While Apple is no longer an "out-of-the-garage" company, its larger size
does not necessarily mean that we have endless resources to devote to these
tasks.  The engineers who are sustaining existing products and effecting
fixes are also working on future generations of products.

Another critical issue is whether to stall technology if it means that
not doing so will result in incompatibilities and marketing risks.  Would
it have been wiser for Apple to ignore the requests for more memory and
higher speed processing and concentrate instead on making sure that the
128K Macintosh and its associated products were nearly flawless?  Should
Apple have not introduced HFS because MacPaint handles its scrap differently
from other programs?  Is it wise to take an engineer from his or her next
GREAT product to spend time fixing an annoyance for which there is an existing
workaround?

Apple has a number of choices: 1) continue with (and improve) its existing
system, 2) find and hire (not always easy) additional people to work exclusively
on fixing existing bugs, 3) effect a compromise between (1) and (2).  It
turns out that (3) seems to be the best choice.

Please realize that Apple has heard and is responding to you.  Although
nothing happens overnight, it IS happening.  As an employee, it may be
difficult to be impartial, but I think we are doing a FANTASTIC job.  Having
worked in a number of other computer hardware/software related companies,
I have to say that Apple is the most customer caring among them.  Your
inputs are valuable; the fact that many Apple employees (among them, Jean-Louis
Gassee) spend their personal time in users groups and on bulletin boards
collecting your comments, requests, bug reports and complaints is directly
related to the fact that you get products from Apple that are different
and, in my opinion, far superior than anything else out there.

George Deriso
Supervisor, Apple Technical Communications

------------------------------

Date: 13 Nov 1986 11:00:32-EST
From: Bob.Walker@faraday.ECE.CMU.EDU
Subject: change laserwriter page size?

Can anyone tell me how to change the default page sizes for the Laserwriter?
I would like to define a 5"x8.5" page size, print using 8.5"x11" paper, and
then crop the results down to put in a small binder.

I am aware of Lon Poole's column in Macworld telling how to do this for the
Imagewriter (modifying the PREC 3 resource), but I can't seem to find an
appropriate PREC resource in either the Laserwriter or Laserwriter Prep
file.  Can someone tell me where I should be looking, and preferably give me
the format of the resource?

Alternatively, does the publice domain PageSizer utility work for
Laserwriters, and if so, could someone post it?

Thanks

            - bob
              Bob.Walker@faraday.ece.cmu.edu

------------------------------

Date: Thu 13 Nov 86 14:54:49-PST
From: Lance Nakata <K.Kirin@HAMLET.STANFORD.EDU>
Subject: Changing MacWrite Default Font

Can someone tell me how to change the default MacWrite font (Geneva 12)
to something like Boston font?  I assume this is possible without having
to put in a kludge.  If ResEdit or some other program can do the trick,
I'd like to hear all the gory details.  Thanks a lot.

Lance

------------------------------

Subject: MacPlus Keyboard Run-away
Date: 13 Nov 86 09:36:45 PST (Thu)
From: "Jay Beck - Tektronix Inc./CAE/Silicon Design Products"
From: (503)629-1485 <jayb%zeus.tek.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>

I recently upgrade my previously upgraded Mac512 to a MacPlus.  At that time
I also purchased the new keyboard that the MacPlus can use.  I'm running
finder 5.3 and System 3.2.
My keyboard has acted as if it had a key stuck down (always 'a') on two
types of occassions.  First  whenever I tried to initialize my SCSI hard disk,
at the point where the finder asks you to name the initialized volumne by
presenting a dialog box.  The dialog box comes up with 'a's automatically
being entered. If I don't disconnect the keyboard I will get into an infinite
loop where the error about the name being too long is constantly presented.
Second, at random times when typing.  It can always be stopped by disconnecting
the keyboard, so it seems as if the problem originates in the keyboard rather
than on the main board. Further,  whenever the problem occurs I can continue
by reconnecting the old keyboard.  Since I don't change connecting cable, I
would think that eliminates it as a source of problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  It reminds me of a similar problem with the
early original 128K mac and keyboard.  I'd appreciate any suggestions before
the warranty is up on the new keyboard.  Thanks.
tektronix!zeus!jayb              Jay Beck                        (503) 629-1485

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 86 17:19 EST
From: CML5A9%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Subject: Using LaserWriters with other computers

For those people who are wondering/asking about using the
LaserWriter from various other sources, such as a VAX and/or
IBM-PC:

You can directly attach your LaserWriter via a 9600 RS232
line to your VAX.  Thus output from things such as TeX will
proceed without trouble.  In addition, if you would like
output from Mac software, I would recomend leaving the LW
attached to the VAX, dump PostScript files during the
print cycle on the Mac, and then upload them to the
VAX to be printed.  (this is done with a command-F or command
K during print, I can never remember exactly which)  In any
case this should work.

However!  It should be noted that memory inside of a LaserWriter
comes at a high premium!!!  With the amount needed for imaging
the page,there is little left for things such as the macro
definitions used by the Mac in printing, thus there is a high
chance that when printing Mac documents interleaved with other
types, such as TeX from a Vax and/or PC, Word from
a PC, PageMaker from a Mac, etc...that the LW will run
out of memory and have to be cycled to clear it.
From what I hear a LW+ may clear up SOME of these problems,
but I'm not exactly sure.

Also, for those who wish to attach a Mac to a VAX, you
may wish to look into the AppleTalk -> Ethernet gateway
from Kinetics.  You would then have the LW directly acessable
from both the VAX and the Macintosh.  I'm not sure exactly
how well/if at all this works under VMS, maybe some people
out there have some experience with this product.  I myself
have only seen a demo (very impressive) of this box.

Tom Dowdy
CML5A9@IRISHMVS.BITNET
"I am increasingly convinced that a vast majority of wrong
 thinking people are right."

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 86 17:21:05 PST
From: gunther.pa@Xerox.COM
Subject: Mac Cheapware Suggestions

I can't compete with your fascinating list of cheapware but, here are a
couple of items that might be of interest.

Mailing Disks:  I send disks to Australia by wrapping them in Al foil
(you just never know when ionizing radiation will burn those little
magnetic bits), and then enclosing them in a cardboard photo-mailer.
Since it says 'Photos Only' on the outside I get non-letter rates, no
questions asked.

Stands:  Long ago, I purchased an Ergotron(sp?) swivel stand with a 400K
disk holder on the side.  When I upgraded to the slimmer 800K drive the
disk holder no longer supported it properly.  I discovered that rather
than bending the bajeebez out of the stand it was easier to slip the
correct width (well-read, ~'putty-colored') paperback between the drive
and the Mac.  Maybe one of those plastic disk holders from Target would
be even better?

I think I'll visit Target (pronounced 'Tarjay' when you don't want to
*feel* cheap) more often.

  Neil.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1986 23:46 PST
From: "Michael Fleming"  <HMICHEL%CALSTATE.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Subject: New Microsoft BASIC, Version 3.0

     I just received a notice from Microsoft about an upgrade to their BASIC
Interpreter.  It's version 3.0.  Although this group tends towards the more
technical end of things I was still a little surprised that I hadn't heard
anything about this upgrade before I received this notice.  Current licensees
may order the update for $25.  If you bought MS-BASIC after Oct.  1, 86, then
the update is free.  The update offer expires Jan.  1, 87.

     I've included information from what they sent me.  It is reprinted
entirely without their permission.

 SUPPORT FOR THE MACINTOSH TOOLBOX.

     Now your programs can take advantage of the power contained in the
Macintosh Toolbox.  The Microsoft BASIC Toolbox Library lets you access over
140 routines, including resources, regions, scroll bars in windows, and
command keys in menus.

 RUNTIME INTERPRETER.

     Distribute your programs with the Runtime Interpreter without paying
runtime fees.  Your programs can be distributed in compressed or protected
mode for extra security.

 BLOCK IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF.

     Structured block IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF is supported in addition to the
single-line form found in previous Microsoft BASIC versions.  This is useful
to control program flow and eliminate GOTO statements.

 SUPPORT FOR THE NEW HIERARCHICAL FILE SYSTEM (HFS)

     The CHDIR (CHange DIRectory) statement has been added to allow you to
change the default volume and/or folder from within your BASIC programs.  The
default folder is the folder BASIC searches when no path name is specified in
CHAIN, OPEN, RUN, or other satements that take file-name arguments.

     The FILES$ statement has also been enhanced for HFS.  FILES$(1) now
returns the full path name for files and folders in an HFS.  In addition,
FILES$(1) now displays only those files and folders in the current folder.

 SADD FUNCTION

     The SADD (String ADDress) function has also been added to this version.
This function is useful for passing the address of a string expression to
your machine-language programs.  The SADD function returns the address of the
specified string expression.

 IMPROVED SUPPORT FOR THE APPLE LASERWRITER.

     This new version of Microsoft BASIC Interpreter includes support for the
Apple LaserWriter printer.

Michael Fleming
California State College, Bakersfield

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 20:49 EST
From: CML5A9%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Subject: PICTs and MacWrite

This is possibly one of the dumbest questions you'll hear
coming from an experienced Mac user...but...

Does MacWrite or does not MacWrite accept pastes in PICT
format.  At least three sources (including MacUser) have
hinted at the fact that MacWrite only handles the BitMap
subset of the PICT format.  However, my experince with
MacDraw would seem to indicate otherwise.  Am I just lucky
at designing images in Draw that look good as a BitMap, or
are some people just a bit off in their descriptions of
how things are in the world?

Puzzled,
Tom Dowdy
CML5A9@IRISHMVS.BITNET
"I am increasingly of the opinion that a vast majority of
 wrong thinking people are right."

[ note from moderator: don't believe what you read, especially when your
experience tells you better. Of course MacWrite knows about vector graphics
and can print them at high resolution on the proper device (LaserWriter,
Linotype).  DAVEG ]

------------------------------

Date: 14 Nov 1986 16:44:09 EST
Subject: Calendar program
From: Keith Winderlich <KEITHW@A.ISI.EDU>

Can someone tell me if there is a calendar/appointment book program that
allows files to be shared on an Apple Talk network.  The goal is to have a
secretary be able to update appointments for each user on the LAN.  The
program should be able to be stored in a public volume, with each user having
a seperate data file.
                                                    KeithW@A.ISI.EDU
[PC ID 20:SRIBETA11:07852]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 23:30:00 pst
From: mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc (Michael Khaw)
Subject: PostScript to Imagen filter?

A few days ago I posted a request for information on MacWrite 4.5 to Imagen
filters.  Since then I've found that there is a MW 4.5 to troff program that
doesn't handle embedded graphics, and a MW 3.x to DVI filter.

Maybe a better solution, if it exists, is a PostScript to Imagen filter.  Is
there any such program?  Related question:  I know about the command-f (or is
it command-k?) technique to dump a PostScript file from MW.  How would you
upload it to a Unix machine to use with a PS to Imagen filter?  Text mode
file transfer from MacTerminal?

As before, please reply by e-mail.

Thanks,
Mike Khaw
mkhaw@teknowledge-vaxc.arpa

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 10:47 EDT
From: JPB%SMVL%rca.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Where's Koala ?

We have a Macvision digitizer and a Mac+. The Macvision was formerly attached toa Fat Mac which has a 5 volt supply on the DB9 connector. The Mac+ doesn't have
a 5 volt pin on its connector, and Apple says that since they asked developers
not to use the Mac for power they aren't supporting any hardware/software that
needs the 5 volt supply. Koala can't be reached at their listed phone number.
Would a Thunderscan Mac+ adapter work maybe??? Anyone out their have any ideas
or know where Koala is?

THX JPB

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 15 Nov 86 16:17 N
From: <INFOEARN%HLERUL5.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Subject: Wanted: the MacBinary specification

In a communications program I'm writing I want to include MacBinary Xmodem
(and perhaps Kermit) up- and downloading.  The Xmodem en Kermit specifications
and even sources are quite easy to come by, but what about MacBinary?

So if somebody can tell me were to find a description of MacBinary...

-- Thomas

   FRUIN@HLERUL5.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1986 00:18 PST
From: "Michael Fleming"  <HMICHEL%CALSTATE.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU>
Subject: Probably Unrealistic DA Request

I have frequently had the desire to be able to read MacWrite documents
 from a DA.  I have tried MockWrite, Reader, and miniWrite and none of
 them can handle MacWrite files.  Reader is nice in that it can read a
 document of unlimited length, miniWrite has some nice features and it will
 let you read various portions of long files, but I haven't been able to find
 any DA that can handle MacWrite formatted files.

MW->Text will convert a MacWrite document to text so that I can then use
 one of the above to read it; however, it doesn't seem to be able to handle
 files that have graphics in them (it gives an error and quits).  Besides,
that isn't what I want, I want to be able to read a MacWrite document in
its entirety from a DA.

Now, if it had some minor editting capabilities, that would be great; but, I
would certainly settle for a read-only utility.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Date: Fri, 14 Nov 86 07:11:02 est
From: chi@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Wei-Juang Chi)
Subject: Demo for Chinese Word Processor - FeiMa

	Are there anyone using FeiMa - a Chinese Word Processor on the Mac?
Is it good? Does it work on Mac+? Anyone has a DEMO Package for it and can
kindly post it on the net?

	Thanks in advance for any help.

Wei-Kuang Chi
Chi@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.arpa

------------------------------

Date: Fri 14 Nov 86 19:23:48-PST
From: Chuck Restivo  <Restivo@Score.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Corvus disk question

[cwr]

I have a couple of quick questions to run past someone with a Corvus
disk drive and a Macintosh Plus.  If  you have this setup, please
lend me you ear.

-- Chuck Restivo
   415.858.0300

------------------------------

Date: 14 Nov 86 11:14:35 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Usenet Mac Digest V2 #93

Usenet Mac Digest        Friday, 14 November 1986      Volume 2 : Issue 93

     Bomb recovery
     Re: What's Nu with VME for Mac?
     Problems with MicroEmacs (beta version 0.6)
     S.I.I.D.R.E.?
     TelNet questions
     Expanding your system heap
     Red Rider Host and modem<->XL hookup question.
     Re: What's Nu with VME for Mac?
     Apple Fellow
     Re: Clock DA, Control Panel, and Battery Circuit
     Re: IBM-PC <-> VAX <-> MAC network?
     Re: Macintosh programming.  Help!
     "Application already open" message?
     Re: "Application already open" message?
     Wordperfect drives Apple LaserWriter
     Appletalk Cables
     Static brushes
     bugs in More?
     Scroll bars in Modal Dialogs
     Re: IBM-PC <-> VAX <-> MAC network? (TOPS and Kinetics)
     Re: Word 3.0 for the mac Press Release
     Break Key w/128k Roms, old keyboard, Macterminal
     Computerworld Focus 11/12
     Re: WANTED: emacs editor.
     Re: Scroll bars in Modal Dialogs

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>USENETV2-93.ARC

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: 15 Nov 86 12:02:03 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V2 #59

Delphi Mac Digest          Saturday, 15 November 1986      Volume 2 : Issue 59

Today's Topics:
     RE: SCSI controllers (Re: Msg 993)
     RE: SCSI controllers (Re: Msg 1000)
     RE: SCSI controllers (Re: Msg 1000)
     RE: SCSI controllers (Re: Msg 1006)
     RE: SCSI controllers (Re: Msg 1007)
     RE: HD20SC Icon (Re: Msg 997)
     Network Hard Disks & Backups
     RE: Network Hard Disks & Backups (Re: Msg 14733)
     RE: Network Hard Disks & Backups (Re: Msg 14733)
     DiskTimerII results
     RE: DiskTimerII results (Re: Msg 14742)
     OMNI-READER fit to Mac+?
     RE: OMNI-READER fit to Mac+? (Re: Msg 14747)
     RE: OMNI-READER fit to Mac+? (Re: Msg 14749)
     RE: 1 Mbit RAM chips are here for the Ma (Re: Msg 14706)
     RE: 1 Mbit RAM chips are here for the Ma (Re: Msg 14748)
     Suspicious or innocent?
     MS Basic 3.0
     RE: Mac-IBM PC Laser Printers
     RF emissions
     RE: laserwriter fonts, hints, and toys
     RE: laserwriter fonts, hints, and toys
     RE: laserwriter fonts, hints, and toys
     RE: laserwriter fonts, hints, and toys
     RE: laserwriter fonts, hints, and toys
     RE: RF Interference with Hard disks
     RE: Re: LightspeedC 1.5
     RE: Booting SCSI & HD20 Hard disk
     PENMOUSE+
     human touch "One Touch" board (alternati
     InfoWorld Again
     Font/DA Mover bug

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV2-59.ARC

DAVEG
]

End of INFO-MAC Digest