[mod.mac] INFO-MAC Digest V5 #26

INFO-MAC-REQUEST@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU (Moderator David Gelphman...) (12/16/86)

INFO-MAC Digest          Monday, 15 Dec 1986       Volume 5 : Issue 26

Today's Topics:
                     Re: Misc. Programming Questions
                             more mac rumors
                      Speech Glue for LightSpeed C?
                       Problems with SimpleTools2?
                        Editting menus in ResEdit
                                Idealiner
         StartMac, a new program sequencing utility AND MORE!!!
                            Fluegalman Award
                            Re: Folder sizes
                  trouble with internal 800k drives..?
                         Re: 512K Mac/800K Drive
                     MockWrite won't load files >28K
                           QuickScript: HELP!
                    ExperCommonLisp, ExperTelligence
                              Lisa Profiles
           Query: Upgrading ROM without upgrading floppy drive
                    ILLEGAL? Software Rental Company
                       inventory control software
                  Hardware and Software for the Blind?
                        Usenet Mac Digest V2 #102
                        Usenet Mac Digest V2 #103

Date: Thu, 11 Dec 86 19:11:29 pst
From: Larry Rosenstein <lsr%apple.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: Re: Misc. Programming Questions

>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 86 13:38:42 est
>>From: munnari!csadfa.oz!jlo@seismo.CSS.GOV (John O'Neill)
>
>Since posting the above item out of frustration with IM, I have developed
>a dirty workaround, which involves a custom List Definition Procedure

> [omitted code]
>
>This is naughty, as it leaves a locked relocatable block lying around with no
>handle to it - but it works, by making the ListMgr call the following routine,

This is the same technique shown in recent MacTutor articles and it is very
bad.  It creates a corrupt heap.  Because the block is locked, you probably
won't get into trouble, but I would not guarantee it.

A better approach is to create a 6-byte handle and store a long JMP
instruction to your defproc routine.  The only thing to be careful of is
that you JMP to the jump table entry for the routine or make sure the
routine is in a segment that never gets unloaded.

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Sun, 30 Nov 86 16:36:37 est
>>From: munnari!csadfa.oz!jlo@seismo.CSS.GOV (John O'Neill)
>
>Subject: Menu Manager bug - global TheMenu not set?
>
>According to the assembly language note in IM1-357:
>"The global variable TheMenu contains the menuId of the
>currently highlighted menu."
>THIS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE TRUE, at least not in my configuration:
>Mac+, System 3.2 Finder 5.2, LightspeedC v1.02.

In checking the code, I found out that TheMenu is set once the command is
selected.  It is also set when you call HiliteMenu.  It is not set while
the user is selecting a command.  HiliteMenu uses this to tell which menu
to turn off.

I don't think its a bug, just some vague documentation.

>Of course, there is more than one way to skin a cat, as I work around the
>problem by scanning MenuList until I find the correct menu by comparing
>left edges of each menu in MenuList with the mouse position.  But I
>shouldn't have to do that, should I?

This is OK provided you do it in the MBarHook.  The coordinates in the
MenuList indicate the position of the menu titles, which might not be the
same as the edge of the menu rectangle, if the menu is very far to the
right.  Since the MBarHook is called when the mouse is still in the menu
bar.  (Actually, you might still lose if the user moves the mouse very
fast because the current mouse position might not be the same as the
mouseDown point.)

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Mon, 01 Dec 86 14:34 EST
>>From: CML5A9%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
>Subject: Posting Menus
>
>With Apples hidden anouncment of the new ROM call
>PPostEvent I was able to get a DA to "hit" any key
>combination I wanted, this included command keys.

Note that PPostEvent only works on 128K ROMs and that it is identical to
PostEvent, except that it returns a pointer to the event record.  Unless you
needthe pointer, PostEvent should work fine.

>In the process, I noticed that it might be nice to be able
>to post ANY kind of menu selection.  So, I thought, could
>I do it with a MouseDown and a MouseUp post?  It didn't
>seem to work, though I tried various posibilities...

The problem is that most mouse tracking is done on the Macintosh using the
routines StillDown or WaitMouseUp.  These will indicate the state of the
mouse button except that if there is a mouseUp event in the queue, they will
say that the mouse is not still down.  (This is the correct thing for
applications to use when tracking the mouse.)

If you post a mouseDown and a mouseUp, then StillDown will report FALSE.

One way to do it is to override the MenuSelect trap as well as posting the
events.  When the application sees the events it will call MenuSelect.  You
can intercept the call and return the appropriate menu #/item #
combination.  (Note that you only need to override MenuSelect when you
actually need to.)

I think this technique will work on future machines, but I can't guarantee
it.

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 25 Nov 86 16:50 EST
>>From: GKN3M2%IRISHMVS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
>Subject: Appletalk links
>
>How does one go about linking Appletalk networks together?  There

Check into the Hayes Interbridge.  It allows 2 AppleTalk networks to be
connected.  You can also use 2 Interbridge's and 2 modems to connect
AppleTalks over a serial line.

----------------

Larry Rosenstein

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 18:17:53 PST
From: <DAVEG@slacvm.bitnet>
Subject: more mac rumors

This is another posting from usenet news regarding upcoming Macs:

This info is from the front page of the December 8th Computerworld:

DISCLAIMER: This is being posted as general info for those interested
in Mac rumors.  It is not intended to belittle any other computer users,
such as Amiga users (my last posting was posted to the Amiga group by
someone which caused many negative responses).  The validity of this
information will not be known until the products are released next year.

Apple will supposedly introduce at least two 68020-based, open architecture
models of the Macintosh and a low-end Laserwriter printer at the company's
January product unveiling, according to sources who have seen the products.

The existing Mac Plus cannot be upgraded to the new systems because the main
logic board and power supply are different, according to software developers
and an Apple source.  (this contradicts MacUnderground)

The new Mac systems will have 256K bytes of ROM, which includes part of the
operating system.  The systems run at 16 MHz and have a socket available for
the 68881 math coprocessor.  Both machines will have 1M byte od RAM, expandable
to 4M bytes.

One model has the same chassis as the current Mac, with an internal hard-disk
drive and one expansion slot.

The second, open Mac is larger with five expansion slots, with one slot for
a video connection.  The user can also plug in coprocessor cards.

One developer was impressed with the prototype 12-inch monitor with four times
the resolution of the current Mac monitor.  "When I looked at it, I thought
I was looking at a photograph," he said.

Apple will also introduce a low-end laser printer, priced approximately $2000.
This printer will not run Adobe Systems' Postscript page description
language, but will use the Mac Toolbox and a version of Apple's Quick Draw
routines to transmit graphic images.  Apple is also testing an implementation
of Postscript on the Imagewriter.

A high-end laser printer, which will produce 1000dot/inch resolution, will be
available later in the year as it is still under development.

Also in the works for release later next year is a Mac designed with RISC
architecture, according to sources.

These Macs (except the RISC) will not be available in quantity until
March 87, according to sources within Apple.  Apple is being very cagey about
the January announcements because marketing decisions are still being made.

Prices for the above products were not given.  I hope some of you find this
info useful or informative.

---
David

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 86 14:54:11 pst
From: Bernard Aboba <bernard@ararat>
Subject: Speech Glue for LightSpeed C?

I'm trying to call the SpeechAsm.Rel routines from LightSpeed C, but am
encountering considerable trouble.  As far as I can tell, all the types
are correct, but obviously there's something wrong.  Has anyone one
out there got examples of how you call the MacinTalk routines from
LightSpeed?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 23:25:11 pst
From: Bernard Aboba <bernard@ararat>
Subject: Problems with SimpleTools2?

I downloaded SimpleTools2, and proceeded to try it out by writing a few
simple programs to implement menus, windows, prompts, etc.  It seems that
there are bugs in the text editing, so that, for example, the in putfile,
the string you type in isn't returned without losing characters, or adding
on.  Same with all the routines using text edit, it seems.  Strangely,
SimpleTools1 seems to behave more regularly.  I'm using LSC; am I correct
in saying that there are problems with SimpleTools?

Also, on the subject of "Mac Development Aids" in general, I'd appreciate
a comparison between aids like MacExpress, C Extender, and SimpleTools, and
any others that people know of. I'll summarize for the net.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 86 15:40:44 PST
From: PUGH%CCV.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: Editting menus in ResEdit

When playing with MENUs in ResEdit, there is a Hex longword that has the
enable menu item settings.  After playing around with these for a bit I thought
I should write down how they work and share with the rest of the world this
arcane bit of lore.

Each item in a MENU may be enabled or disabled.  You can do this with the ROM
or in the resource (typically you use both).  The enabled flag is a hex
number that has a bit for each menu item and one for the entire menu itself.
The rightmost bit (least significant) is for the entire menu.  If it is 1 then
the menu is enabled, if 0 then the entire menu is dimmed.  The rest of the
bits, from right to left, are the menu items, from top to bottom.  To enable a
disabled item on a diabled menu, you must enable the menu AND the item.
You must also redraw the menu bar with DrawMenuBar after enabling or disabling
an entire menu.

What I do is sketch my menu on paper and place ones next to enabled items
and zeros next to disabled items.  Remember to include the menu title. Then
slop that string of bits to the right so that down is going left and convert
that number to hex, with leading ones.  Put that number in the MENU template.

I think this is an obvious and intuitive way to enable MENUs in ResEdit, don't
you?  Perhaps if I defined them all as TEXT and compiled them it would be
easier...

Jon

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Dec 86 16:21:27 EST
From: David D'Souza <djdsouza@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Idealiner

Here is a binhex'ed packit file which contains Idealiner.  It is a
shareware ThinkTank like application.

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>IDEALINER.HQX

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 07:30:51 PST
From: <DAVEG@slacvm.bitnet>
Subject: StartMac, a new program sequencing utility AND MORE!!!

This is StartMac, a new program sequencing utility. It has a script
file (TEXT) so that you can EASILY modify it's action. No more
using RESEDIT with SEQUENCER. It also lets you display MACPAINT
screens, speak using Macintalk, wait for MOUSE button presses, and
maybe even more things which I'm not using. This file includes
documentation, a sample script file and the application. It is shareware
and comes (I believe) from CompuServe.

The only thing this program lacks is a way to bypass it. Sometimes I
like to startup my Mac without my normal sequence (debugger) and to
do so means changing the startup application. If someone would build
a program like StartMac which checks whether the option key is down
when it first starts, and if so immediately quits then I'll be in Mac
heaven. Until then, this program looks to be the best of the bunch!

David Gelphman                  BITNET address: DAVEG@SLACVM
Bin #88 SLAC                    ARPANET address:  DAVEG@SLACVM.BITNET
Stanford, Calif. 94305          UUCP address: ...psuvax1!daveg%slacvm.bitnet
415-854-3300 x2538
usual disclaimer #432 applies: my employer apologies for the fact
that I have access to this net.

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-STARTMAC.HQX

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: 14 Dec 86 13:27:10 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Fluegalman Award

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

13-DEC 22:48 Mousing Around
     Fluegelman Awards
     From: MOUSEKETEER  To: ALL

PCW Communications is calling for nominations for the First Annual Andrew
Fluegelman Award - 1987.  The award is for "a substantial, innovative contri-
bution to the personal computer community in commercial, shareware, or public-
domain software," and any such personal computer software developed by an
individual or team is eligible.  Nominations, however, must be made by persons
who did *not* participate in the software's development.  The award itself
is prize money in the amount of $5000 and a commemorative plaque.

Full details on the award in text format, along with a Nomination Form in
MacWrite format, are available in the Mousing Around database.

Alf

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>FLUEGELMAN-AWARD-1987.HQX

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 17:43:12 PST
From: USER=QULU%SFU.Mailnet%UBC.MAILNET@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
Subject: Re: Folder sizes

Re the question about "--" for folder size:
HFS doesn't know what the contents of any subdirectory (folder) is until
it reads that subdirectory off the disk.  If you want to see the size of
a folder, just double-click to open it.  When it is open on the Desktop,
the window it came from will have its size displayed.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 16:34:41 PST
From: brydon@Ford-wdl1.ARPA (Louis B. Brydon)
Subject: trouble with internal 800k drives..?

Has anyone else had trouble with their internal DSDD (800k) Apple drives
jamming on disks?  I had my 512k upgraded to a 512e little less than a
month ago, and last Sunday it jammed on a disk.  It attempts to eject
it, but the two pinch rollers (grab on bottom of front of disk) don't
release completely, and therefore disk will not come completely out.

The local Apple service center replaced the drive on Wednesday, and
guess what!  It jammed again after a couple of hours of work on
Wednesday night...  They assure me they did indeed replace the original
drive (I believe them), and can't explain why the sudden desire to
hold onto it's disks...  I pick it up again tonight with third drive to
see how it survives the weekend.

Anyone else have this kind of problem before?

By the way, I was using Sony disks both times it jammed, and they were
different disks when it jammed...

-Louis

Disclaimer:	Sure I'll claim her, if she want to be claimed...

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 86 16:36 N
From: <FRUIN%HLERUL5.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU> (Thomas Fruin)
Subject: Re: 512K Mac/800K Drive

It's time the issue of double-sided versus single-sided disks is solved once
and for all.  I keep hearing different stories and I am not convinced in any
way double-sided disks are better than single-sided ones.  Why?  Well, I've
heard and experienced that:

- Hewlett Packard (or maybe it was another company) considers one side of its
  single-sided drive the writeable side, while Apple uses the OTHER side in
  its single sided drive!  Now tell me which side is the 'good' side!

- Sony 'double-sided' disks (and others as well) randomly have problems being
  initialized as double-sided.  It often depends on a particular drive;
  switching from one drive to another usually solves the problem.

- many many 'single-sided' disks will work excellently in double-sided drives.

Besides hearing other peoples' experiences, I'd very much like to hear the
final word from someone who really knows about the manufacturing and testing
of these floppies.  I simply not convinced I need 'double-sided'.

Oh yeah, what about the number of tracks per inch?  Can I ignore that too?

-- Thomas

   FRUIN@HLERUL5.BITNET
   (Leiden, Netherlands)

------------------------------

From: ARAJ%CRNLVAX5.BITNET@cu-arpa.cs.cornell.edu
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 86 20:14 EST
Subject: MockWrite won't load files >28K

When I attempt to load files greater than 28K with MockWrite 4.3.2, I get a
dialog box saying that MockWrite cannot load this file because it is greater
than 28K.

However, MockWrite is able to create files greater than 28K; I created one that
was 44K, but once I closed MockWrite and tried to open the file later, I got
the message that MockWrite couldn't load the file.

I tried increasing the size of the system heap to 96K and the application heap
to 512K (from 256K), but the problem continued.

Does anyone know what to hack into MockWrite to allow it to load files >28K.  I
think it is capable of loading them; it just doesn't know that the system heap
can be made larger to accomodate these files.  (If I am wrong about this,
please let me know.)

--Mark J. Steiglitz
  ARAJ@CRNLVAX5.BITNET
  ARAJ@CORNELLA.BITNET
  steig@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 16:49:14 EST
From: Mark Nickel-Paul Roselli
Subject: QuickScript: HELP!

OK, we've downloaded an application called QuickScript, which is supposed
to prepare audio-video scripts from specially formatted Word documents.  We
have prepared a file that looks exactly like the sample file in the help
menu.  Everything looks fine.  However, when we attempt to print, we get
an error message referring to a line in the PostScript file.  We can't tell
if anything is wrong there.  Does anyone have further documentation on
QuickScript?  Better yet, does anyone volunteer to take a look at what we
have so far?  We can send you a copy of the file in question.

------------------------------

From: Bill Roberts <bill%ncar.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
Date: 8 Dec 86 21:15:31 GMT
From: bill@hao.UUCP (Bill Roberts)
Subject: ExperCommonLisp, ExperTelligence
Date: 8 Dec 86 21:15:30 GMT

A while back I upgraded from ExperLisp 1.01 (or what every the first release
was... you know, the one with all the bugs!) to ExperLisp 1.5 via the plan B
option (as it is know).  At the time, this option said that I would receive a
coupon to upgrade to ExperLisp 2.0  (and version 2.0 of the File Compiler) when
it became available.  After receiving version 1.5 of ExperLisp, the new
documentation, the File Compiler, the Talker and not receiving the "upgrade
coupon" I wrote ExperTelligence.  They said that I WOULD NOT NEED THE COUPON.
That I WOULD BE SENT THE NEW VERSION WHEN IT BECAME AVAILABLE.

Last week I received the latest newsletter.  Included was a "address update"
card and a letter saying "you will be shipped ExperCommonLisp, plan A or B,
depending on which one you previously chose, as soon as we receive this address
update card."

Now I interpret all of this to mean the following:
Those of us who upgraded, during the limited offer, to ExperLisp1.5 via plan B
will receive ExperCommonLisp2.0 and the ExperCommonLisp File Compiler, FREE
OF CHARGE!!!!  No where in any of the correspondences with ExperTelligence was
there any mention of "small fee to upgrade" or anything like that.  In fact
(I don't recall which newsletter it was, but...) one of the previous newsletters
explicitly says that "by chosing this option, you can upgrade to the development
version directly".  That is, the price of the development system was included
in the upgrade cost!

But the cost of ExperCommonLisp is way big!!! And according to a fellow at
ExperTelligence it is going to cost current owners of ExperLisp 1.5 $750.00
for ExperCommonLisp.  (And that's the discounted price!)

Is there a (distinct) difference between ExperLisp 1.5 owners and those of us
who upgraded during the special, limited offer, who acquired ExperLisp 1.5?

I guess the question is "Do 'we' get ExperCommonLisp, etc." for free or do 'we'
get to pay a nominal upgrade fee of $750.00 (and that does not include the file
compiler)?

['we' is defined as those who upgraded during the special offer]

Thanks for any info on this.

							Bill Roberts
							NCAR/HAO
							Boulder, CO
							UUCP: ...!hao!bill

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 14:23:37 EST
From: CC012004%BROWNVM.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Subject: Lisa Profiles

For all those with Lisa Profiles gathering dust, we're working on
upgrading them to SCSI to enable connection to Mac+'s.
This is not a business (ad)venture for us at this point,
more a hardware hacking project for a couple software hackers.

We know a controller to use, and will be working on the software;
how many people would be interested in (a) plans, (b) buying boards or
upgrade kits, (c) sending drives to be upgraded (which we're not
real keen on, frankly), or (d) giving/selling us drives cheap?

Thanks.  Suggestions from others trying this are also welcome.

Steven J. DeRose
Cognitive and Linguistic Sciences, Brown U.
"The trouble with WYSIWYG is that what you see is *all* you get."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 86 14:49:56 PST
From: <MCD@slacvm.bitnet>
Subject: Query: Upgrading ROM without upgrading floppy drive

Hello. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the ROM in
an old Mac 512 to the new 128K ROM without upgrading the floppy
to an 800K drive. Has anyone done it ? Is it simply taking out a chip
and replacing by another ? Cost ?         Thanks much for the info.

Manuel C. Delfino                | userid: MCD node: SLACVM network: BITNET
Department of Physics            | (415)854-3300 x3320
University of Wisconsin - Madison| SLAC, P.O.BOX 4349, Stanford, CA 94305

[ note from moderator: I know one developer who has the new roms and the old
SS drive. It is definately just a ROM swap in order to use the new ROMS.
Unfortunately Apple chose to only sell the new ROMS with the DS drives to
the general public. There is no legal way to obtain the new ROMS that I
know of. Last year I asked Chris Espinosa (at a panel discussion about
Macs and Apple) why this was done. He said part of the reason was so that
dealers would make some money by dealing with the upgrades which would be
difficult if only the ROMS were sold (since most would have to be installed).
I think Apple also felt that the value offered was quite reasonable. DAVEG ]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 86 01:01:37 EST
From: David D'Souza <djdsouza@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Subject: ILLEGAL? Software Rental Company

I just received a catalog from a software rental company in Canada.
They rent MacIntosh software at $15 a disk, Apple // software at $8,
and IBM PC software at $10 a disk.  This sounds similar to all the
other companies, right?  But what this company does is to provide the
buyer with COPIES of the original disks sans any documentation.  They
then ask the buyer to erase the floppies after 21 days.  Also, the
cost is by the disk, thus, if a single program needs 2 disks, for
example, you pay $30 for Mac software.  This company seems to have all
the latest software including all Microsoft and Lotus products.  Also,
they are RENTING public domain software such as Red Ryder (did Scott
Watson give them permission?) and a disk with Finder 4.1, Switcher 2.6
(yes 2.6) (Apple, are you there?), Megaroids, and BinHex on it.  Also,
programs for the IBM PC and Apple // are available.

Now, for the obvious question: Isn't this blatantly illegal or do
Canadians have f***ed-up laws where things like this can be done???
Microsoft and Lotus (and many other large companies) should take legal
action if possible.

The company:
	The Value Club
	#301 - 1084 Homer St.
	Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6B 2W9
	Telephone: 1-800-663-8060

Disclamer: All opinions above are mine alone.  I have no interest in
the above company (obviously) and I have nothing to gain by their
demise (not so obvious).
--

Arpa: Djdsouza@ATHENA.MIT.EDU
UUCP: {allegra,seismo,decvax!genrad}!mit-eddie!djd

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 16:26:36 PST
From: brydon@Ford-wdl1.ARPA (Louis B. Brydon)
Subject: inventory control software

Is anyone out there in net-land familiar with inventory control using the Mac?
I have a friend who is trying to set this up, and is looking for sources of
PD/Shareware/commerical software.

-Louis

------------------------------

Date: Fri 12 Dec 86 10:55:46-PST
From: MARYOTT@EDWARDS-2060.ARPA
Subject: Hardware and Software for the Blind?

Does anyone have any knowledge for software/hardware/etc. for the blind?
Printers, screen readers, talking software, etc.

Thanxs in advance

[ note from moderator: recently there was a package posted to info-mac
with Braille fonts. DAVEG ]

------------------------------

Date: 12 Dec 86 19:29:58 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Usenet Mac Digest V2 #102

Usenet Mac Digest        Friday, 12 December 1986      Volume 2 : Issue 102

Today's Topics:
     Re: Mac Hardware Crashes
     Re: Why won't my Mac eject the disk?!
     Appletalk and IBM Token Ring
     MacTable
     Re: Should we support (official solutions)
     Dr. Alan Kay's Vivarium project?
     Disk recording format
     AWK on the MAC wanted
     Re: Use of IM
     Re: FTL MacTeX question
     Re: Why won't my Mac eject the disk?!
     Re: MacApp Sources...
     512K Mac/800K Drive
     laserwriter linewidth
     Re: Should we support (official solutions)
     Re: MacApp Sources...
     LightSpeed Pascal
     want macdraw->imagen
     Re: Editing > 32K text blocks
     Modem Reset
     OKIMATE 20 100 COLORS
     Info needed on MACINTOSH+ and music software
     Custom Controls
     Re: Large (> 32K) arrays
     Mac+ parameter RAM
     Re: MacApp Sources... (2 messages)
     Re: Editing > 32K text blocks
     Re: MacApp Sources... (2 messages)
     LaserWriter server via Kinetics and K-TALK, SUN 3's
     Disk directory failure - help!
     Novy systems 68020 board

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>USENETV2-102.ARC

DAVEG
]

------------------------------

Date: 14 Dec 86 12:46:28 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Usenet Mac Digest V2 #103

Usenet Mac Digest        Sunday, 14 December 1986      Volume 2 : Issue 103

Today's Topics:
     Re: 512K Mac/800K Drive
     Re: Wordperfect drives Apple LaserWriter
     Hints from Heloise
     Re: BASIC compilers for MACINTOSH
     Re: OKIMATE 20 100 COLORS
     Help with bombing PageMaker
     Context switch on Mac
     Re: Info needed on MACINTOSH+ and music software
     Appletalk, Macs, Laserwriters and DATAKIT compatibility
     Learning the piano with a MacPlus
     Re: Wordperfect drives Apple LaserWriter
     Re: Mac Hardware Crashes
     Is a port of C++ to the Mac, using MPW C, under way?
     Re: MacTable
     Re: MacApp Sources...

[ archived as

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>USENETV2-103.HQX

DAVEG
]

End of INFO-MAC Digest