[net.music] new Clash

wjnz@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (James Cooper) (10/24/85)

Well, I see there is a new Clash ep.  Hmm.  I haven't heard it, but I suppose
it must be getting played occasionally on the radio.  Anyone heard it? Like it?
What happened to the other half of the Clash?  I thought they were also planning
to call themselves the Clash.

--
   James Cooper

     ..!ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!wjnz
   Life is tough when you are "the only band that matters".

todd@scirtp.UUCP (Todd Jones) (10/29/85)

> Well, I see there is a new Clash ep.  Hmm.  I haven't heard it, but I suppose
> it must be getting played occasionally on the radio.  Anyone heard it? Like it?
> What happened to the other half of the Clash?
> I thought they were also planning to call themselves the Clash.

As I understand it, Mick Jones was fairly pissed when he was booted
from the clash. He wanted revenge so he started to reform a new Clash
with the same name, just to make trouble. He cooled down and dropped
the idea (or perhaps Joe Strummer's and Paul Simenon's lawyers convinced
him) Mick can be heard on General Public's "All the Rage," an excellent
album if I do say so.

   ||   ||
  [(.) (.)]      Todd Jones
    \ ^ /        {decvax,akgua}!mcnc!rti-sel!scirtp!todd
    | O |
    |___|        SCI Systems Inc. doesn't necessarily agree with Todd.

mss@purdue.UUCP (Martin S Streicher) (11/02/85)

What happened to the Clash -

Mick Jones left/quit/fired and formed Big Audio Dynamite. At first Mick
and Joe argued on who was to keep the right to the Clash name. Since the
majority of the band stuck with Joe and Joe seemed to always be the head
Clasher, Joe kept the name, added three more members and formed the "new"
Clash.

I have heard one song and it sounds like the Clash! I liked it. I have
Big Audio Dynamite and its OK. Some songs are great; others aren't worth
the vinyl they are pressed in.

So, Jim, thats whats up. The Clash record will be out soon, sometime
this month.

Martin

dsc@lumiere.UUCP (David S. Comay) (11/03/85)

According to an ad in Billboard, `Cut the Crap', the new album by The
Clash will be in the stores on November 18th.

Several people have mentioned a Clash EP.  Is this an import?  Here in
Beverton, it seems to take forever for records to appear.  The new
album by The Roches just showed up, as did the ones by Big Audio
Dynamite and Husker Du, even though I believe they arrived in Los
Angeles a couple of week ago.  Another record that I haven't seen is
`Sun City'.  Sigh ...

Speaking of Husker Du, does anyone know why their cover of the Mary
Tyler Moore theme, `Love is All Around' does not appear on `Flip Your
Wig'.  I was hoping to hear it.

David

soren@reed.UUCP (Soren Peterson) (11/04/85)

In article <1352@lumiere.UUCP> dsc@lumiere.UUCP (David S. Comay) writes:

>Speaking of Husker Du, does anyone know why their cover of the Mary
>Tyler Moore theme, `Love is All Around' does not appear on `Flip Your
>Wig'.
>
>David

It is on the flipside of their new single, "Makes No Sense At All."

If you're reading this Doug, could you send me the Official Explaination
Of *Hounds Of Love,* I am curious.

				Have a Nice Day,
					Soren Petersen