[mod.mac] INFO-MAC Digest V5 #47

INFO-MAC@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU.UUCP (02/02/87)

INFO-MAC Digest           Monday, 2 Feb 1987       Volume 5 : Issue 47

Today's Topics:
                  Re: Need hard disk tech help (V5 #41)
                  RE: Drawing to the screen from INITs
                           Find an applicaton
                             Re: Broken Key
                             Re: Broken keys
                           Re: Broken Mac keys
                         Mac Keyboard interface
                     autocad to MacDraft conversion
                            Kermit for Mac +
               Missing application problems/DataFrame XP20
                          Standard File Gripes
                            DA-DISKTOP-10.HQX
                   UTILITY-PAGEMAKER-CONVERTER-15.HQX
                       Data General D200 emulator
                         Re: Common Lisp (V5 46)
                          Common Lisps for Mac
                   Re: 68000 C and Assembler (V5 #45)
                 Re: More on Structured Analysis and Des
                               AppleShare
                         Appletalk Networks/TOPS
          Is there a way to un-protect an MS-Basic 3.0 program?
                       Re: good Modula-2 (V5 #36)
                                Re: RSG3
                         Usenet Mac Digest V3 #7
                         Usenet Mac Digest V3 #8
                         Delphi Mac Digest V3 #8

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 87 00:04:34 pst
From: gould9!joel@nosc.ARPA (Joel West @ Western Software Technology)
Subject: Re: Need hard disk tech help (V5 #41)

See MacTutor, February 1987, p. 67

"Build Your Own SCSI 40MB Hard Disk." 1 of 2.
Part I is soldering, starting with the Seagate spindle and a controller
board.  Part II is the formatting utility.

Apple has been distributing a driver.  See
	SCSI Development Package V1.0 $10
from APDA.  Contains a heavily commented sample SCSI driver written
in assembly language.

	Joel West			ihnp4!gould9!joel
	Western Software Technology	joel%gould9.uucp@NOSC.ARPA

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 1 Feb 87 03:04 EST
From: <ARAJ@CRNLVAX5.BITNET>
Subject: RE: Drawing to the screen from INITs

RE: INFO-MAC Digest   V5 #46
    From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa

>Ok, here I go again.  Yes, I refuse to let well enough alone.  Now I am trying
>to write to the screen during an INIT.  It ain't easy.  A5 is screwed and so
>are all the initialization routines.  That means I can't use the window
>manager to create a grafport to draw in.  Everything just hangs.

Actually, it's easy.  You don't have to put the QuickDraw globals at their
usual position in memory.  I put them in the stack and obtained a pointer to
their location to pass to InitGraf.  The source code for an INIT that I had
written which prints the name of the startup volume on the screen is below:
It is in Lightspeed Pascal format.

{$I-}
UNIT DrawStartupVolName;
 INTERFACE
  PROCEDURE main;
 IMPLEMENTATION
  PROCEDURE main;
   VAR
    vName : STRING[27];
    vRefNum : integer;
    dummyint : integer;
    gp : GrafPtr;
    ThePort : ARRAY[0..206] OF byte;
  BEGIN {procedure main}
   InitGraf(pointer(longint(@ThePort) + 206 - 4));
   gp := pointer(NewPtr(108));
   OpenPort(gp);
   TextMode(SrcCopy);
   dummyint := GetVol(@vName, vRefNum);
   MoveTo(133, 119);
   DrawString(vName);
   ClosePort(gp);
   DisposPtr(pointer(gp));
  END; {procedure main}
END. {unit DrawStartupVolName}

--Mark J. Steiglitz
  ARAJ@CRNLVAX5.BITNET
  ARAJ@CORNELLA.BITNET
  steig@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 87 10:38 EST
From: Tom Dowdy
Subject: Find an applicaton

I have a question regarding GetAppParms.  Is there anyway for
an application to know the vrefnum of where it is running from?
The "tricky" way is to look at all mounted volumes using the
indexed file calls, but this will fail if the user puts two
disks in both with a copy of the application.  Is there any other
way?  GetAppParms returns the name of the application, but I really
need the vrefnum.

-Tom Dowdy
 CML5A9@IRISHMVS.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: Fri 30 Jan 87 17:25:16-EST
From: Richard A. Cowan <COWAN@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Broken Key

Regarding Greg Hamm's broken key message,

  I dropped my keyboard and broke off a key about a year ago,
and fixed it with Super Glue.

  I applied a minute amount of glue to both edges, held the key in
place very carefully for about 20 seconds, and then let go.  The
key has been in place ever since.

-rich

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 15:52:29 CST
From: srb%mycroft@gswd-vms.ARPA (Steve Bunch)
Subject: Re: Broken keys

I repaired a similar-sounding keyboard break (though not on a Mac)
after my 1-year-old knocked it off a shelf.

I used epoxy glue.  In general, epoxy will adhere well to plastics IF
the surfaces are rough and the plastic is rigid.  Some plastics, like
soft nylon and polyethylene, just about can't be glued.  Most harder
plastics are fine, but if the surfaces are smooth, rough them up with
sandpaper (watch the dust!) or a Dremel tool on slow and a wire brush
(watch the dust, and don't wear away too much material!).

Getting the key on straight and clamping it in that position is
critical, but epoxy cures slowly so you have time to get it right.
Good luck.

Steve

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 87 08:11 EST
From: Tom Dowdy
Subject: Re: Broken Mac keys

three year olds breaking keys:
If you take appart your keyboard you will be able to see that its
basically designed as one unit, and the parts that tend to wear
out and break (namely the keyswitches themselves) are soldered into
the board.  In addition, to make matters worse, the keyswitches
themselves are basically sealed units, so your only choice
is to replace the entire keyswitch.  But as apple doesn't make
repairs requiring a soldering iron anyway, their solution is the
charge you what amounts to a "keyboard logic board replacement",
which amounts to the apple default amount of about $150 ( i think)..
It may be less, but in any case, it's not really cheap.  Since
I seriously doubt that in the future you're going to be having
any OTHER problems with the keyboard.  (What else could go wrong,
other than chip problems), the best solution is to repair
the keyboard, either yourself, or get someone at the computer
store to help you.  It's about a five minute operation to remove
the keyswitch.  The only problem, of course, is that you need
a keyswitch to replace it with.  I happened to be in luck as i
had just done a MacPlus keyboard upgrade, and my old keyboard
was totally shot anyways, and who really needs that 1 key anyways.
Works super now.  A store might also have some extra keyboard/
switches available.

I'm not responsible if anyone trys this and melts down their
keyboard.  I had good luck with it, that's all.

The temporary solution is a DA i have that lets you enter key characters
that are broken,  If anyone wants i can post to the net.

-Tom Dowdy
 CML5A9@IRISHMVS.BITNET
"They say there is strangeness to danger us,
 In our theaters and bookstore shelves.
 Those who know what's best for us,
 Must rise and save us from ourselves."

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 12:27 EST
From: Hess@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA
Subject: Mac Keyboard interface

Well, I too have a broken keyboard, and don't want to unsolder the key
bottom to fix it.  But I might almost go for some soldering to attach a
Lisa keyboard to a Mac, if they're even remotely compatible!  (It's a
512Ke, so it supposedly could take the Plus keyboard.  So the software
would be OK, if the hardware could be made simpatico.)

Anybody ever looked inside both keyboards?  Is this guaranteed to lose?
It looks like the Mac has a 4-wire plug, while the Lisa has only 3...
Is the 4th wire in use?

My Lisa is only worth being used as spare parts anyway.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 15:42:33 est
From: magill@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Operations Manager)
Subject: autocad to MacDraft conversion

I have a set of DEC Rainbow AutoCad drawings which I would like to convert
to MacDraft. (I can convert them to IBM-PC AutoCad if necessary).

Does anyone have or know of such a conversion program.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 87 09:30:05 PST
From: <RHG@uregina1.bitnet>
Subject: Kermit for Mac +

I am a new user of the MacPlus and I am having problems running Kermit
on my machine.  The Kermit is version 0.8(34) that seems to run very
nicely on 512K Macs.  As far as I am able to get - Kermit works fine on
the MacPlus except:

1)  The font selected by Kermit to display the dialog of the conversation
is the Cairo pictographic font.  ASCII characters leave and enter the
comm port correctly, but are displayed as bombs, telephones, etc on the
Mac screen.  This is my major problem because it prevents Kermit from being
a useful terminal emulator.

2) While using MacKermit as a server.  The remote Kermit issued a "bye"
command that caused the MacKermit to reboot the Mac and loose all of the
files sent to it during the "server session."   This problem can be
avoided.

I have looked at some previous Mac and Kermit newsletters without seeing
this problem mentioned.  To the best of my knowledge mine is the first
MacPlus (with a hard disks and a lot of installed fonts) to attempt to
run Kermit in town.

I may have not included sufficient detail for you to answer my question.
If so, please tell me what else you need to know.  Thanks, Bob G

Acknowledge-To: Robert H Greenfield <RHG@UREGINA1>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 87 22:06:54 PST
From: GANNMAT%UCLASSCF.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU  (Gann Matsuda)
Subject: Missing application problems/DataFrame XP20

I've experienced the same problems that Jon (PUGH@CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa)
is having, as I've run into the "Can't Find Application" message too.
MacWrite has given me that problem, but I've also had Excel 1.03,
OverVUE 2.0 and Pagemaker 1.2 act up on me too.  The only solution
I've found is to move the document from its directory to the directory
of the matching application.  After opening the document, I quit the
application and then moved the offending document back to its original
directory.  Things work fine after that.

I didn't have the problem of multiple Desktop files that Jon experienced.
I do agree with Jon that this is a consistant problem, as it has happened
to me numerous times.  By the way, I'm running a Mac Plus with a
DataFrame XP20.

This problem is a time-consuming nuisance, and I hope someone out there
(especially Apple) can come up with a permanent solution in a hurry.

Just wanted to add that I love my DataFrame XP20!  It is EXTREMELY FAST
and I have had no problems at all.  No crashes, no lost data, no boot
problems.  By the way, the DataFrame initializer application, Init 2.2
is now out--it replaces Init 2.1.  The new version supposedly fixes
a minor bug, but I haven't noticed anything new.  If you're in the market
for a hard disk, get the DataFrame XP20 or the XP40 (even faster).

Gann Matsuda

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 15:29:51 PST
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: Standard File Gripes

Since I'm a windbag (or should I say bitbag?) I might as well add my pet peeve
about the SFGetFile call.  Whatever happened to the damn prompt!?!?!  It's a
pain to have to specify a prompt that never appears and a worse one to let the
user guess as to why he has to select a file.

It is easy enough to add the other suggestions from Dave and Dave (Gelphman
and Oster) about Command-. (QUED uses Command N for cancel) and the Copy/Paste
issues by including your own filter proc.  A better idea would be to install
it at the system level, but I cannot find any reference to a hook in The Book.
I imagine it would take some serious poking around (more than I care to do)
to find out how to patch a new routine in.  But that prompt would take a lot
more work.  Couldn't it be added in a new release of the System software.  They
would have to add another item, I guess.  I still want to know what happened
to it originally.

Jon

------------------------------

Date: Sat 31 Jan 87 00:46:29-EST
From: Carlos A Albuerne <CU.ALBUERNE@CU20B.COLUMBIA.EDU>
Subject: DA-DISKTOP-10.HQX

A desk accessory with Finder-like functions from CE Software (shareware).

--Carlos Albuerne
  cu.albuerne@cu20b
  caa@cunixc
[
archived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DA-DISKTOP-10.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: 31 Jan 87 15:47:00 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: UTILITY-PAGEMAKER-CONVERTER-15.HQX

[ Uploaded from Delphi by Jeff Shulman ]

[ Updated 29-JAN-1987 19:20 by JIMH to version 1.5. This version has
improved Pagemaker file recovery.  If one of the text or picture blocks is
trashed it marks that block as bad in the acta file and continues with the
recovery (a small oversight in 1.0).  User interface has been improved and
a few cosmetic bug are fixed.]

This program converts a PageMaker file to an Acta file.  It allows the
transfer of pagemaker files from Pagemaker to word processor, drawing, and
other pasteup programs.  It also allows the recovery of data from many
crashed pagemaker files.  This was originally written to allow the MUGS
online editors to convert their pagemaker files to a format that could be
shared between users groups. The purpose of this program was expanded
thanks to the comments of people like Ric Ford of MacInTouch, and some
local PageMaker users.  It is free to all users groups for club activities.

[
archived as
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>UTILITY-PAGEMAKER-CONVERTER-15.HQX

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 11:55:58 PST
From: PUGH%CCC.MFENET@nmfecc.arpa
Subject: Data General D200 emulator

Once again I must recommend VersaTerm PRO, the BEST terminal emulator for the
Macintosh.  In addition to VT100, TEK 4014, and TEK 4105 (with color printing),
it also emulates a DG D200.  However, since I haven't used it in that mode,
I cannot tell you how wonderful it is.  I do know that VersaTerm has proven
itself in my book on the basis of it's performance in it's other 3 modes.

VersaTerm PRO 2.0 has just been released with oodles of new features.  It is
available as a $10 update to owners of VersaTerm PRO 1.0 and $195 for owners
of plain old VersaTerm.  It goes for $295 suggested retail.  It is worth it.

Jon

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 87 00:23:34 pst
From: gould9!joel@nosc.ARPA (Joel West @ Western Software Technology)
Subject: Re: Common Lisp (V5 46)

I believe the only game in town is ExperCommon Lisp from ExperTelligence,
Inc.  (800 828-0113 in US, 826-6144 Calif.)

It is a compiled lisp, execution looks very fast.  Includes LOOPS-like
implementation of object-oriented programming (the salesman disparaged Flavors)

Unfortunate is the price.  I collect programming languages (2 Pascal,
1 psuedo-Pascal, 3 C's, 2 Assemblers, 2 Modula-2 and, oh yeah, a Basic)
but $995.00 (note the decimal point) is not impluse money.  Only $930
from ComputerWare!

They had a show special in San Francisco for $700.  Worth the plane
ticket for the next MacWorld.

	Joel West

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 13:12:11 EST
From: bill coderre <bc@MEDIA-LAB.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Common Lisps for Mac

There aren't any REAL Common Lisps available for Mac AT THIS TIME.

I have, and use ExperCommonLisp, but it is very far from being
CommonLisp as defined by Steele. Scoping is different. Big chunks and
gobs of commands are simply non-existent. There are variations from
the standard in what commands are there.

I have used ExperLisp, and the newer ECL is much improved. But it is
not, as far as I'm concerned "Common" at all.

If you treat it as it is, it is okay. Not too many bugs, acceptable
(but somewhat buggy) documentation, some nice features. Toolbox is
supported. There is some form of Object Oriented Programming, which is
similar to SmallTalk's ("Classes" and "Methods").  There is a "file
compiler" that lets you make an application out of your Lisp program.
BUT, to quote the ECL manual, volume I, page 103,

	"The file compiler does not support LAMBDA from any part of
	 your program. If LAMBDA is encountered during a file compile,
	 an error message will be displayed."

Well, you can decide. ECL is vaguely like CommonLisp, has some good
features, has fewer bugs than ExperLisp, still has bugs, and costs
$995. It is not copy protected.

MacScheme is on its way into my waiting hands. I have heard only good
things about it, but haven't used the newest version. It also allows
file compilation, toolbox access, and has a simplified, high level set
of routines for doing simple things (opening a standard window, for
example). It apparently does not have a built in method of OOPs.
Scheme, of course, is entirely a horse of a different color than
Common Lisp. I include MacScheme because it is (apparently) a working,
winning product.

On the other hand, I know that this situation cannot last much longer.
A company that I happen to know is developing a COMPLETE Common Lisp,
with many nice features. To say any more, I would violate a
non-disclosure agreement. I'll try to get them to post an official
promo for it.

Happy Hacking....................................................bc

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 87 00:15:08 pst
From: gould9!joel@nosc.ARPA (Joel West @ Western Software Technology)
Subject: Re: 68000 C and Assembler (V5 #45)

No doubt, the best 68000 assembler is Apple's with MPW.  It
supports the 68000, 68010, 68020, 68881, 68851 and every addressing
mode and operation mode.  If Mike wants to write low-level assembler
in supervisor this is probably it.

MPW comes with the assembler.  It also include a disassembler
(DumpObj) if you want to tweak your C code.

MPW has an optional C based on the Green Hills compiler, supposedly
a good C compiler.  Manx is also working on moving their C (Aztec)
to MPW, though I don't know what the date is.  The price of MPW
and MPW C are going up 3/1; APDA is the only source.

Less fancy (and a lot cheaper) is Consulair C's new Mac C Jr.
at $80 (415 851 3272) which includes an inline assembler built in.
It produces MDS-compatible object code and can work with MDS if you
want to buy it.

I've been preaching MPW, but it's not the answer to every problem.
It requires a hard disk and MPW C requires 760k RAM minimum.
Bill Duvall provided a Mac-based C back in 1985 and has a lot
of experience in his software; I hope he's able to remain in business.

Date: Fri, 30 Jan 87 11:08:47 PST
From: <DAVEG@slacvm.bitnet>
Subject: Re: More on Structured Analysis and Des

   I got a call from Michael Hermes at 303 883-6524. He was responding
to Tim Davis' original posting about Structured analysis which I followed
up on. Michael told me about a product called DEFT which is available from
DISUS, TBS International, Suite 110, 557 Dixon Rd., Rexdale, Ontario
M9W 187, Canada   phone no 416-249-2246. He indicated that this was a
very good product which had most if not all of the features requested in
the original posting.
   One comment here is that the reason I got the phone call instead of
the person who originally wanted the information is because I posted
my phone number in my reply. Since there are MANY people who read info-mac
but have no idea how to respond to a posting, it seems like a good idea
to posting some sort of conventional information like address and phone
so that you can increase your chances of obtaining a response.
David Gelphman                  BITNET address: DAVEG@SLACVM
Bin #88 SLAC                    ARPANET address:  DAVEG@SLACVM.BITNET
Stanford, Calif. 94305          UUCP address: ...psuvax1!daveg%slacvm.bitnet
415-854-3300 x2538
usual disclaimer #432 applies: my employer apologizes for the fact
that I have access to this net.

------------------------------

Subject: AppleShare
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 87 09:22:25 -0800
From: kent@decwrl.DEC.COM

OK, the news is out. The Wall Street Journal had an article covering
Apple's announcement of AppleShare, Apple's solution to the file server
problem.

Says here that it costs $799, and appears to take a dedicated Mac with
a hard disk. The ad on the back of the first section shows a cute
display with browse lists for available volumes and current users, as
well as an "Activity" bar graph indicator (ranges from "idle" to
"busy"!). But most of the screen real estate is taken up by a very
large, overly cute AppleShare logo (a hand carrying a butler's tray
with folder, application, and document icons on it).

Anybody seen this work? How's it compare with TOPS or MacServe?

chris

------------------------------

Date: Sun,  1 Feb 87  18:23:39 EST
From: salamir@UMass.BITNET
Subject: Appletalk Networks/TOPS

I'd like to get people's impressions of networking systems using
AppleTalk.  These include PhoneNet, AppleTalk, TOPS, and whatever else
people are using.  Please send your postings to me, and I'll summarize and
post it here.

I need this information for two purposes; 1) to recommend a network for my
office, the Massachusetts State Data Center/MISER, and 2) to show the
findings to our campus Microcomputer Resource Lab.

I am also interested in people's experience networking IBM PC's and Macs
together.

Thanks!
R. Lussier
Salamir@UMass.Bitnet

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1987 16:00 PST
From: GFA0009%CALSTATE.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Subject: Is there a way to un-protect an MS-Basic 3.0 program?

Our department recently acquired the MS-Basic 3.0 upgrade.  One of my faculty
member, when saving a program (his only copy) clicked the "protect" option,
not realizing that this meant you wouldn't be able to (ever) see or modify
the source code (he thought it had something to do with not being able to
inadvertantly alter it).

Anyway, he would prefer not to have to re-write the program.  Is there a utility
or a strategy which will let him un-protect the code?  If there is such a
utility, could someone (please) mail it to me?  Our installation can't access
any of the archives (such as SUMEX-AIM or MACSERVE).

                                                 Andre Lehre
                                                 Geology
                                                 Humboldt State Univ

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 87 00:00:41 pst
From: gould9!joel@nosc.ARPA (Joel West @ Western Software Technology)
Subject: Re: good Modula-2 (V5 #36)

Sorry about the delay.  I'm cleaning out my office and sorting through
old INFO-MAC printouts--looks like I need a fourth 3" binder.

Modula Corp sells a native compiler licensed from ETH (I believe
MacModula v4 is out, but still an interpreter) they call MacMETH.
Release 2.0 is about 3 months old and supports HFS ok.  A very
non-Macintosh interface, an imitation of the Lilith.
	Modula Corporation (800) LILITH-2

Semper Software is working on an MPW-compatible Modula-2.  It's in
a very rough beta now, and is probably about three months off.
It will run as an MPW tool within the MPW environment.
	Semper Software (312) 790-1253
	MCI Mail: Semper Software

TDI Software has a 68000 Modula-2 compiler they've been advertising
MacTutor, but they say nothing about its Macintosh compatibility.
(Atari, Amiga, yes...)
	TDI Software (214) 340 4942
	Compuserve 75026,1331

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 87 18:32 EST
From: Tom Dowdy                                   <CML5A9@IRISHMVS>
Subject: Re: RSG3

A recent posting on ReadySetGo complained about crash problems
when editing for long periods of time, and also redraw bugs.

We used RSG3 here to paste up a 2 page 6 column pocket card,
and used extensive cut and paste throughout as well as numberous
font and style changes as we were working on it.  Aside from sometimes
not erasing the very bottom of the page when it was on the screen,
we had no problems with it.  The whole card went together very
quickly, and as we needed landscape mode, RSG seemed to fill the
bill.  No doubt longer documents will surely show problems more
clearly than a short two pagers.

Oh yes, we used 7 pt times and 5 pt courier for the entire document,
so we had a fair amount of text in it.  And can you beleive that
if you really want you can actually EDIT at that pt size?  For
the heavy stuff i will admit that i resorted to enlarging to 10
pt.

We are very pleased with RSG3, but will keep our eyes out for
the bug that was described.

-Tom Dowdy
 CML5A9@IRISHMVS.BITNET

------------------------------

Date: 31 Jan 87 10:06:36 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #7

Usenet Mac Digest        Saturday, 31 January 1987     Volume 3 : Issue 7

Today's Topics:
     Re: Information, please (MPW and Object Pascal)
     X-Ray disk drives
     BibTeX
     Object Pascal (2 messages)
     FileMaker Plus
     LaserWriter Plus Fonts (answer)
     How to print things on menu bar
     3.5 disks: what brand is best?
     Exotic alphabets on Mac/Laserwriter
     Re: Left Handed MacPaint
     Re: How to print things on menu bar
     LaserWriters & Unix
     Macintosh fonts from METAFONT?
     dialogs and drawn boxes
     Graphics Tablets for Mac
     Re: Exotic alphabets on Mac/Laserwriter
     Problem with SetIText
     The New Macs (yes, rumors)
     Mobile or Taliesin?
     Fat Mac power supply failure
     Re: C Compilers/Development Systems
     fast plotting and screen saving
     Re: Mobile or Taliesin?

[
archived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>USENETV3-7.ARC

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: 31 Jan 87 10:07:11 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Usenet Mac Digest V3 #8

Usenet Mac Digest        Saturday, 31 January 1987     Volume 3 : Issue 8

Today's Topics:
     Re: INITs, help...
     Major bug in WriteNow
     Re: Helix & Double Helix
     Re: Problem with SetIText
     POSTSCRIPT to AUTOCAD format conversion needed
     Using MAC+ in the LAB - Help??
     HARD DISK BOOT PROBLEM?
     Re: MacDraw file format?
     The Right Word
     TML vs LSP
     Apple/Turbo/AAIS Pascal/Prolog info desired
     Dead LoDOWN as
     Mac to Laserwriter via unix
     Re: Mobile or Taliesin?
     TransSkel - Request for comment
     Re: MacDraw file format?
     database for slides?
     Re: Using MAC+ in the LAB - Help??
     Re: The New Macs (yes, rumors)
     ImageWriter flow control problems
     Apple trademark crackdown
     Projection systems for Macintosh screens
     Re: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #6
     Missing application problems/DataFrame XP20
     A Gripe about MacUser

[
archived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>USENETV3-8.ARC

DoD
]

------------------------------

Date: 31 Jan 87 21:36:58 EST
From: Jeffrey Shulman <SHULMAN@RED.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject: Delphi Mac Digest V3 #8

Delphi Mac Digest        Saturday, 31 January 1987     Volume 3 : Issue 8

Today's Topics:
     IW I Slipping (3 messages)
     RE: Fall 1986 BMUG Newsletter?
     RE: Helix & Double Helix (2 messages)
     Need Comparative Info on AMIGA vs. MAC+
     MicroSoft f77
     RE: WriteNow (6 messages)
     Nevins Microsystems
     If I Hadn't Seen It... (3 messages)
     RE: Extending TextEdit (4 messages)
     Help with HD
     RE: Help - Mac floppy repair/replace info needed
     RE: mac parallel output?
     Squeaky disc (2 messages)
     RE: keyboard problem
     RE: mac parallel output?
     RE: Left Handed MacPaint
     "MacInTouch" February '87 delay
     Switcher Question
     Very cheap B-Boxes
     RE: criket draw (2 messages)
     "Missing Application" message:  APPL
     AST-2000 tape won't work
     sys windows
     AppleShare
     System 3.3/Radius FPD
     MUSIC PUBLISHING
     PC MacKey keyboard
     Carrying Case Warning
     Re: Helix & Double Helix (2 messages)

[
archived as [SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>DELPHIV3-8.ARC

DoD
]

End of INFO-MAC Digest