[net.sf-lovers] Galactic Pantograph

LAURENCE@SU-CSLI.ARPA (06/08/85)

From: Laurence R Brothers  <LAURENCE@SU-CSLI.ARPA>

A couple of years ago, I asked Baird Searles at the SF Bookshop, and
he said that Panshin's problems with his publisher had been ironed out and
we could expect the book any time now. This is obviously not quite true
(either that or there were a LOT of errors in the galleys...)

-Laurence
-------

betsy@dartvax.UUCP (Betsy Hanes Perry) (06/12/85)

> From: Laurence R Brothers  <LAURENCE@SU-CSLI.ARPA>
>
> A couple of years ago, I asked Baird Searles at the SF Bookshop, and
> he said that Panshin's problems with his publisher had been ironed out and
> we could expect the book any time now. This is obviously not quite true
> (either that or there were a LOT of errors in the galleys...)
>
> -Laurence
> -------

I bumped into Panshin at Boskone in 1983(?), at which time he said
he'd had writers' block problems, and that he was now self-publishing.
He mentioned that there were at least three (!) more Villiers novels in
his head, but that they hadn't hit paper yet.  I bought the short-story
collection he was promoting there.  It included most of the 'mini-stories'
from his novels, e.g. "To a Teacup Held For Murder."
Alas, the book also included an essay
on the sterility of science fiction and why he wasn't writing it any more.

*the Galactic Pantograph*.
--
Elizabeth Hanes Perry
UUCP: {decvax |ihnp4 | linus| cornell}!dartvax!betsy