[net.micro.atari8] Trans for Atari8

DPickett%HIS-PHOEN@HIS-PHOEN.UUCP (04/30/86)

Subject:  Blackpatch Dying?

Sender:  DPickett.FED%HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS at CISL-SERVICE-MULTICS

Time:  Monday, 29 April 1986 21:56 edt

To:  info-atari8 at SU-SCORE

     I was wondering if I am a chump.  I sent Blackpatch Systems in
Maryland about $200 for an INDUS GT disk drive.  I called them after
about a month, but they said that Indus was backordered and there would
be a delay.  I called yesterday, and their 800 number was disconnected.
I called over and over today, but their 301 area code number was busy.
Is it time to call the postal inspector or file with their receviers?
They have never even acknowledged my order.  To add insult to injury,
they reduced the price in this month's antic ad.  Why not, they have the
interest on the cash from the bank check I had to send because they do
not trust our personal checks.

David Pickett

Phone:  215-839-6647

Arpa:  DPickett.FED%pco@CISL-SERVICE-MULTICS.ARPA

charles@c3pe.UUCP (05/12/86)

In article <19223113@HIS-PHOEN>, DPickett@HIS-PHOEN writes:
> Subject:  Blackpatch Dying?
>
>      I was wondering if I am a chump.  I sent Blackpatch Systems in
> Maryland ...  but they said that Indus was backordered and there would
> be a delay.  I called yesterday, and their 800 number was disconnected.
> I called over and over today, but their 301 area code number was busy.
>
> David Pickett

I was just wondering the same thing a few weeks ago.  My current status is:

1) The 800 number has been restored (apparently; it's always been busy for me)
around 1 May, as the fellow I spoke with on the Maryland number told me it
would be, so I can't fault them there.  (He blamed M_ B___ (excuse me, ATT))

2) After many busy failures, I was able to reach the 301 number a second
time by calling around 8:30, although the (apparently same) fellow says his
order computer's not up till 10:30.

3) Both times I've called, I was told that the P:R Connection has been back-
ordered for months, which is why my written order (complete with cashier's
check) is held up, since I didn't enclose instructions to the contrary.
While I haven't checked other companies' availability for this item, I find
the claim not surprising, especially since several companies were thoroughly
out of XM301's from Atari before I gave up on that quest.

I've just sent a letter requesting they send whatever's in stock, and refund
the difference to me.  I shall keep the net posted, and offer to summarize
other's experiences as mailed to me.

#include <new_net_member/disclaimer.h>
	-Charles Green	...!decuac!c3pe!{,c3acs!}charles

charles@c3pe.UUCP (Charles Green) (05/20/86)

In article <105@c3pe.UUCP>, charles@c3pe.UUCP (charles green) writes:
> In article <19223113@HIS-PHOEN>, DPickett@HIS-PHOEN writes:
> > Subject:  Blackpatch Dying?
> > ...  I sent Blackpatch Systems in Maryland ...
> > but they said that Indus was backordered and there would
> > be a delay.  I called yesterday, and their 800 number was disconnected.
>
> I was just wondering the same thing a few weeks ago.  My current status is:
>
> 1) The 800 number has been restored (apparently; it's always been busy for me)
>
> 3) Both times I've called, I was told that the P:R Connection has been back-
> ordered for months, which is why my written order (complete with cashier's
> check) is held up, since I didn't enclose instructions to the contrary.

The latest:  I've just received a postcard from "David" at Black Patch Systems
("Cat Bytes" ?!?) informing me that they've just received my P:R: Connection
and that I should be receiving my order Real Soon Now (a la Pournelle).
I *think* this was asynchronous with my letter last week.

By the way, I tried mailing my original response directly to Dave Pickett, but
either my mail program can't address his Honeywell network, or I don't know how
to use it, so I had to post this article and its predecessor.  I would
appreciate any "inter-network" assistance anyone out there can mail me.

Thanks.
--
           ... !cvl!decuac!c3pe!charles		-Charles Green at C3 Inc.
... !vrdxhq!dolqci/