[net.micro.atari8] Problems with print-to-disk in AW+

abrams@MITRE.ARPA (06/02/86)

I have experienced the following problems with AW+ and would appreciate
hearing from anyone with related experience.

In AW, when I print to disk, I se ^B=0, ^T=0, ^L=0, and ^Y=0 to get no
page break and no left margin. IN AW+ I tried the same and got the
error message "invalid margin". When I reset ^Y=132, that error
message went away. It doesn't seem to be an appropriate error message,
but that's not too important.

But I seem to be unable to eliminate blank spaces skipped between
"pages". A ^H in the text really caused a problem, producing a header
and a page number (if was ignored in AW). Even when I removed the ^H,
I still got lots of blank lines.

I guess I'll have to continue using AW unless somebody has a
suggestion.

Sincerely,

 - Marshall D. Abrams, phone: (703) 883-6938
   The MITRE Corporation, 1820 Dolley Madison Blvd.
   Mail Stop W458, Mc Lean, VA   22102

wrd@tekigm2.UUCP (Bill Dippert) (06/04/86)

In article <8606021155.AA26150@mitre.ARPA>, abrams@MITRE.ARPA writes:

> In AW, when I print to disk, I se ^B=0, ^T=0, ^L=0, and ^Y=0 to get no
> page break and no left margin. IN AW+ I tried the same and got the
> error message "invalid margin". When I reset ^Y=132, that error
> message went away. It doesn't seem to be an appropriate error message,
> but that's not too important.
>
> But I seem to be unable to eliminate blank spaces skipped between
> "pages". A ^H in the text really caused a problem, producing a header
> and a page number (if was ignored in AW). Even when I removed the ^H,
> I still got lots of blank lines.

The reason for the blank lines is that you are telling AW+ to insert them by
making your page length 66 lines long.  ^Y = 132 means that page length is
is 66 lines long (^Y = 0 similarly tells it no page length which should be
an error).  You need to set ^Y = 66x# of pages or maybe ^Y = 999.  And you
are correct that a ^H in the text will give you a header or page # depending
upon how you do it.

--Bill--