[net.micro.atari8] kermit for atari

vx1245@suny-bing.CSNET (09/10/86)

reply to hyc@umix.cc.umich.edu

-- sorry about using the mailing list for this, but our vms mailer
   doesn't know how to reply, and can't figure out the address.

>I've been running a test version of the VT-100 emulator, and it works
>fairly well. It has a Kermit implementation installed now, but I haven't
>been able to test it with my 1030 modem yet. I'll have to second John's
>comments though - OmniView works very well and running an 80 column
>terminal program is definitely more pleasant than running in 40... Note
>that OmniTerm, which comes on the WP disk, is also 80 column and it
>speaks Xmodem.
>
>Just an aside - does anyone use the Kermit which came out for the Atari
>and 850 interface or 1030 modem? I've got a version for the 850, but it's
>no good with my 1030. It's supposed to support VT-52 emulation and does
>horizontal scrolling to get 80 columns. (If anyone has the binaries for
>the 1030 version, could you let me know? Thanks!)
>  -- Howard Chu
>	hyc@umix.cc.umich.edu

I have the source for the original kermit (Columbia distribution), and there's
a 1030 module with which you can replace the 850 module.  I don't have a 1030,
so I don't know whether it works.  It's written in Action!, so you have to have
the cartridge to run it!  If you want it, let me know.
Note: it's available from Columbia over BITNET.
	Fred Sullivan
	Dept. Math. Sci.
	SUNY@Binghamton
	vx1245@suny-bing