[net.micro.atari16] More ST Basic

jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) (03/09/86)

I have a few questions about ST Basic:

	1) How do you get more than 16 colors in Basic?
	2) Are there plans for a compiled basic in
	   the forseeable future?
	3) I can only get sound channel #1 to work. How do I get
	   the other channels to work?

I suppose all these questions should be prefaced with the more
general question: when is a newer release of the basic expected?

Aloha,

Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4!vortex!dual}!islenet!jons

--
Jonathan Spangler
{ihnp4,vortex,dual}!islenet!jons
"On Thursday, the world came to an end."

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (03/12/86)

....................................this line reserved for pacmen
In article <2155@islenet.UUCP>, jons@islenet.UUCP (Jonathan Spangler) writes:
> I have a few questions about ST Basic:
>
> 	1) How do you get more than 16 colors in Basic?

You don't!  You must go to the BIOS to get to the interrupt that lets you
change the color palette on the fly.

> 	2) Are there plans for a compiled basic in
> 	   the forseeable future?

Philon is planning to market one under the name "Fast BASIC".

> 	3) I can only get sound channel #1 to work. How do I get
> 	   the other channels to work?

Use the WAVE command to turn on the additional channels before using the SOUND
command.  WAVE 7,0,0,0,0 will do the trick.

> I suppose all these questions should be prefaced with the more
> general question: when is a newer release of the basic expected?

We are working on one.  Perhaps within the next 2 months we will see one.

--->Neil @ Atari
	Usenet: ...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil
	CIS: 70007,1135
	BIX: neilharris