[net.micro.atari16] scrolling

steven@boring.uucp (Steven Pemberton) (03/25/86)

To which holloway@drivax.UUCP (Bruce Holloway) replied:
> If you're running a desk accessory or filling out a form or a dialog box or
> something similar, then no background processes are running. If you have
> an active window (hence, on top), you can use the "Copy Raster, Opaque"
> call (vro_cpyfm) to just BitBLT the window up one character height (said
> height can be gotten from Inquire Current Face Information [vqt_fontinfo])
> and another BitBLT to clear out the last row.

But what if the window *isn't* on top? Is there then some way of scrolling?

Steven Pemberton, CWI, Amsterdam; steven@mcvax.uucp

hmm@unido.UUCP (03/26/86)

Get my multi-window terminal emulation from mod.sources.  I have posted it
today, so it should be around in the next week.  I don't scroll th screen but
scroll my internal copy of the window and update the visible portions
afterwards.  Maybe it's not the fastest method, but it works well even when
a window is overlapped by four others.

	Hans-Martin