From: inuxc!ihnp4!lll-lcc!vecpyr!atari!jwt (Jim Tittsler)
Date: 11 Apr 1986 10:56-PST
Subject: .prgs in \AUTO
To: inuxc!iubugs!iuvax!franco

Well...  firstly, whether or not TOS is in ROM should not affect what
	 runs.  Have you found something to refute that?

Anyway, GEM has not yet been initialized (and the desktop not yet
	 built) so programs should avoid doing GEM calls.  The display
	 driver exists, so VDI and LINEA calls are legal.

AUTO is particularly handy for things that do "Terminate and Stay
	 Resident" calls like device drivers (RAMDisks, the hard disk
	 driver, the CD-ROM driver, OS hacks, etc.).

All programs in AUTO will be run (at least an attempt will be made)