[net.micro.atari16] Function Keys in TOS

neal@phenix.UUCP ( U of C) (04/27/86)

cccccccccccccccccccccc
klk
cq

neal@phenix.UUCP ( U of C) (04/28/86)

My apologies if these seemingly simple questions have already been
addressed here on the net.

1)  How do you determine if a function key has been hit on the 520?
    I'm interested in doing this through C and I have both the DRI
    and the Lattice Compilers available.  I've tried most everything
    I can think of following up on the hints that the Hitchhiker's
    Guide offers about similiarities between the 520's function keys
    and the IBM PC's but no luck.

2)  Is there a way of accessing the system clock to do timing other
    than using the 2 second resolution accesses that are documented.
    Again through C.

My thanks in advance for any help.

					Neal McWhorter

       "When the cat's away... beware the birds of prey"

From postnews Sun Apr 27 16:27:21 1986
Subject: Function Keys in TOS (C)
Newsgroups: net.micro.atari16