[net.micro.atari16] Where are the SF314's?

manis@ubc-cs.UUCP (Vince Manis) (04/30/86)

My order for a double-sided disk has been outstanding for a couple of weeks
now, and my dealer has no idea when they'll be able to get it for me. (The
dealer was kind enough to lend me an SF354, but it's just not the same thing.)
Does anyone have any comforting words for me?

grr@cbmvax.UUCP (05/03/86)

In article <227@ubc-cs.UUCP> manis@ubc-cs.UUCP (Vince Manis) writes:
>My order for a double-sided disk has been outstanding for a couple of weeks
>now, and my dealer has no idea when they'll be able to get it for me. (The
>dealer was kind enough to lend me an SF354, but it's just not the same thing.)
>Does anyone have any comforting words for me?

Well, if you do get stuck with an SF354, you can easily upgrade it by swapping
the floppy disk drive unit with an EPSON SMD-180 double sided unit.  This makes
a reasonable alternative to trying to swap or otherwise get rid of the single-
sided drive, especially if you got stuck with a 'package deal'.

Obvoiously, this would void the warranty on the drive, and you also might
need to make a group purchase on the EPSON drives to get a good price, but
those single-sided drives are pretty worthless....
--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr