[net.micro.atari16] loading libraries from different dir

freed@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) (05/05/86)

Here is the set up:
I have set up \include and \bin directories and have all temp files
in a ram disk.  Works great except for one thing; Can anyone tell me how
you get the linker to look in \lib for gemstart, vdibind, aesbind etc...
It does not seem to like path names on the command line!
	  Thanks in advance...

                           Erik James Freed
			   Aurora Systems
			   San Francisco, CA
			   {dual,ptsfa}!aum!freed

dyer@atari.UUcp (Landon Dyer) (05/06/86)

In article <546@aum.UUCP>, freed@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) writes:
> Can anyone tell me how
> you get the linker to look in \lib for gemstart, vdibind, aesbind etc...
> It does not seem to like path names on the command line!

That's right -- LINK68 does not like path names, and thinks backslash
is a comment or something in command files.  We put libraries in the
root directory of a hard disk partition (usually C:, along with all
the executables).  You /could/ do the same with a floppy.

--

Landon Dyer					"If Business is War, then
Atari Corp.					  I'm a Prisoner of Business!"

freednp@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) (05/07/86)

> In article <546@aum.UUCP>, freed@aum.UUCP (Erik Freed) writes:
> > Can anyone tell me how
> > you get the linker to look in \lib for gemstart, vdibind, aesbind etc...
> > It does not seem to like path names on the command line!
>
> That's right -- LINK68 does not like path names, and thinks backslash
> is a comment or something in command files.  We put libraries in the
> root directory of a hard disk partition (usually C:, along with all
> the executables).  You /could/ do the same with a floppy.
>
> Landon Dyer					"If Business is War, then
> Atari Corp.					  I'm a Prisoner of Business!"

I guess it would be nice if Atari or DRI or someone would fix bugs like that.
It really is annoying to have a directory structure and be essentially unable
to use it properly. Us Unix people are used to something that is well thought
out and highly useable. (not perfect) Is Atari planning to do something about
problems with its environment? This would include what hearsay sez is a number
of memory allocation bugs. I guess what I'm trying to say is that these are
not huge bugs, they seem to be weekend fixes. Are we going to get any updates
as developers ever? Could we get a forecast of what we can expect?
                           Erik James Freed
			   Aurora Systems
			   San Francisco, CA
			   {dual,ptsfa}!aum!freed