[net.micro.atari16] questions

G.ABRAMS@SU-SCORE.ARPA (Info-Atari Moderator) (05/09/86)

forwarded message
                ---------------

Date: 5 May 86 10:58 EDT
From: Jim Moore <moore@ncsc>
Subject: questions
To: info-atari-request@su-score

attn: coordinator

can i get you to forward the following note to the 16-bit digest?  I get
mailer errors from COMSAT@MC when I try to send it.  I've just sent you a
note asking to join the 16bit, so I'm worried there may be problems.  Any
comments?  Thanks for your help.

jim moore
naval coastal systems center

????
From: Jim Moore <moore@ncsc>
Subject: ST questions
To: info-atari16@su-score

I spent this weekend with my brother-in-law who has a 520ST, and we came up
with some questions I hope someone can answer:

1) Are TOS-in-ROM chips available to users?

2) Does protected software cause problems with the disk drives?  He has a
   DSDD drive (314??) that has serious problems copying FINAL WORD (the manual
   says to make backup copies).  Occasionally he has to try two or three times
   to copy a disk that is *not* protected (eg backing up ZORK I).

3) Are there any instruction manuals for NEOCHROME available?  We got a free
   copy from the local (Jax, FL) Games 'n Gadgets (I think it's v0.5), but
   no instructions.

4) Is there a Jax FL user group for 520ST's?

5) Is there a compilation of public-domain or free software for the 520ST?

Thanks for any information.  Please mail directly to moore@ncsc, as I'm not
on this list (yet!)

Jim Moore
Naval Coastal Systems Center