[net.micro.atari16] Avantek 1200 Modem

donaghy%vu-vlsi@vu-vlsi.UUCP (04/30/86)

In article <289@ucdavis.UUCP>, ccs026@ucdavis.UUCP (The Doctor) writes:

>    I have heard of a 1200 baud modem by Avantek that is selling for as
> low as $99.  Does anyone know anything about it, and how it works with
> the Atari 520 (and 800)?  Thanks,
>
> 			     Mike Keihl
> 			     {ucbvax,dual,lll-crg}!ucdavis!deneb!ccs026
	A few people who have amiga's have gotten this modem.
(theres a special deal $200 modem,software, and cable). They seem to be
satisified with it. I may get one when I get my amiga.

jhs@disunix.UUCP.UUCP (05/13/86)

The modem I bought was by Avatex, not Avantek.  It sells for under $100.
I paid $80, and others can possibly get that price or better in a group
purchase.  Call Rick Pommet at Nelson Communications, (617) 738-6000 to
strike up a deal.  (He is a died-in-the-wool Atari freak, so he is sympathetic
rather than greedy!)

-John S,
jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa.usual.disclaimer