[net.micro.atari16] Diagnostic ROMs

pvf@bridge2.UUCP (05/07/86)

This is posted to all, but I really hope somebody from Atari
will respond.

Where/how might i get a set of diagnostics for my 520ST?  I have
heard of cartridge-slot ROMs for this, but never seen anything
physical.  Are they real? Can I get them?

(I am considering doing a 1 meg upgrade, but would like to have
an "official" diagnostic capability to determine that it has all
come up AOK.)

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (05/15/86)

In article <180@bridge2.UUCP>, pvf@bridge2.UUCP (Paul V. Fries) writes:

> Where/how might i get a set of diagnostics for my 520ST?  I have
> heard of cartridge-slot ROMs for this, but never seen anything
> physical.  Are they real? Can I get them?

Atari does supply a diagnostic kit, but ONLY to authorized service centers.
The kit includes a module which plugs into the cartridge port of the ST and
which has a separate RS232 port for a terminal or another ST.  Diagnostics
are performed through the other computer.

Atari does not officially support or endorse upgrades to the ST.

My personal opinion (and NOT that of Atari Corp) is that if you upgrade
your machine, you'd better be friendly with an authorized service center.

--->Neil @ Atari
	...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil