[net.micro.atari16] Atari Announcements

trimble@leadsv.UUCP (Gary Trimble) (05/13/86)

From the San Jose Mercury News (Monday, May 12 1986):

	"Atari Corp. of Sunnyvale has introduced several new products
for it's ST computers, including a 20-megabyte hard disk drive. In
addition, it is offering a CPM operating system emulator, an MS-DOS
operating system emulator, a dot-matrix printer, and an Atari brand
double-sided 3.5-inch diskette."

Neil, if you're out there, could you comment or elaborate?

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (05/19/86)

In article <942@leadsv.UUCP>, trimble@leadsv.UUCP (Gary Trimble) writes:
> From the San Jose Mercury News (Monday, May 12 1986):
>
> 	"Atari Corp. of Sunnyvale has introduced several new products
> for it's ST computers, including a 20-megabyte hard disk drive. In
> addition, it is offering a CPM operating system emulator, an MS-DOS
> operating system emulator, a dot-matrix printer, and an Atari brand
> double-sided 3.5-inch diskette."
>
> Neil, if you're out there, could you comment or elaborate?

The SH204 20-megabyte hard disk is scheduled to ship late in May at a
suggested retail price of $799.

The CP/M emulator is a software product that will be less that $50.  It
should be in stores shortly.

The MSDOS emulator is a hardware add-on that is not yet ready to ship (or to
even discuss the firm specs for).  We predict availability this Fall.

The SMM804 dot matrix printer is the same one that was discussed in the
April/May 1985 issue of Atari Explorer.  It is an 80-cps, 80-column,
parallel interface printer compatible with the Epson graftrax protocol, with
some ST-specific additions.  It is selling for $229 and is available now.

The Atari blank disks are certified double sided 3.5 inch diskettes with
Atari labels.  A box of 5 sells for $16.95.

--->Neil @ Atari
	...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil