[net.sf-lovers] Continuity errors

mae@aplvax.UUCP (Mary Anne Espenshade) (06/21/85)

From: Andy T. (thornton@kcl-cs.UUCP)
>	Does anyone out there look out for little continuity errors?
> I spotted several in 1999. Koenig's space suit collar in BREAKAWAY
> changes from smooth to ringed before he crashes over beacon Delta
> for instance, and Carter's visor falls open in SPACE WARP!

The first is a "little continuity error" and I can't claim to have
ever noticed it, but the second is a big mistake and has a funny
story to go with it, as told by Nick Tate (Alan Carter) one year
at the Space: 1999 Alliance con.  When the visor came open during
the take, Nick pointed out the problem to the director thinking that
they would redo the scene.  The director said something along the lines
of "Oh, no one will notice", and used it anyway.  Of course, sf fans
being like we are, most everyone notices it right away.  With that
kind of attitude from the people in charge, is it any wonder the
show had problems?

			Mary Anne Espenshade
			...!{allegra, seismo}!umcp-cs!aplvax!mae

P.S. This year's Alliance con is in Washington D.C. in July, if anyone
is interested.