[net.micro.atari16] GEM blit routines in Personal Pascal?

MPCOHAN@UMass.BITNET (Michael P. Cohan, UMass/Amherst) (05/26/86)

I have been writing some nice GEM applications in O.S.S. Personal Pascal,
and I like the package a lot.  However, there is one glaring fault in the
GEM support:  There is no way to access the blit routines (I think it's
called RASTEROP in the DRI documentation.)  Can anyone suggest a decent
way to scroll the contents of a window in some other way, or give me a
way to access these routines?  Does anyone know if version 2 of P.P. will
include support for these routines?  It's kind of impossible to do anything
with text with the current release because there is no way to move the
contents of a window other than redrawing the whole thing. (s--l--o--w!)
   One other thing, the overheating 1040's must be a problem that only
happens to some machines.  After reading about it, I left mine on for 5
days with no problems-- the top of the machine didn't feel particularly hot,
even.  And I have done some heavy disk copying (>15 disks), with no
meltdowns [or even mild radiation leaks  :-) ]
      ---Michael P . Cohan   (just your basic UMass computer science
                              student)
 MPCOHAN%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA    (I hope!)
 MPCOHAN@UMASS.BITNET

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (05/27/86)

In article <860526022347.000012C7.AXHZ.AA@UMass>, MPCOHAN@UMass.BITNET
(Michael P. Cohan, writes:
> I have been writing some nice GEM applications in O.S.S. Personal Pascal,
> and I like the package a lot.  However, there is one glaring fault in the
> GEM support:  There is no way to access the blit routines (I think it's
> called RASTEROP in the DRI documentation.)  Can anyone suggest a decent
> way to scroll the contents of a window in some other way, or give me a
> way to access these routines?

You can access any system call using Personal Pascal.  Some are explicitely
defined, and others must be defined by the user.  Have you seen the text
files from OSS?  Originally placed the OSS BBS, these are also on CompuServe
and BIX now.  They explain how to use the AES, VDI, and BIOS calls that are
not pre-defined.  Maybe we should get these posted on the net...

--->Neil @ Atari
	...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil