[net.micro.atari16] MS-DOS for the ST

appelbau@remus.RUTGERS.EDU (Appelbau) (05/27/86)

Neil, f you're out their can you or anybody confirm the rumor about
MS-DOS for the ST's.
                   Thanks,
                     Marc

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (05/28/86)

In article <147@remus.RUTGERS.EDU>, appelbau@remus.RUTGERS.EDU (Appelbau)
writes:

> Neil, if you're out their can you or anybody confirm the rumor about
> MS-DOS for the ST's.

Yes, we are working on a hardware add-on for the ST that provides IBM PC
compatibility.  Currently it can run full MSDOS.  We are still engineering
PCDOS capability, plus some of the tricky parts of the system that would
allow programs like Flight Simulator and Lotus 1-2-3 to work.  There is no
word yet on the final configuration of this product, or on price or
firm availability.  We expect to see this in the Fall.

--->Neil @ Atari
	...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil