[net.micro.atari16] 'C' freopen call

andrew@kcl-cs.UUCP (06/13/86)

Hi,

I have just written a small program which redirects stdin to a file using
the 'freopen' call. Well it works fine. But how do I get stdin back after
finishing writing to the file. Normally one would write:

	freopen("/dev/tty","r",stdin);
                 ^^^^^^^^

on a UNIX machine, but what is the 'filename' for stdin, stdout, stderr,
on the ATARI ?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Smith.

andrew@kcl-cs.UUCP (Andrew Smith) (06/16/86)

In article <695@neon.kcl-cs.UUCP> andrew@kcl-cs.UUCP () writes:

>	freopen("/dev/tty","r",stdin);
>                 ^^^^^^^^
>
>on a UNIX machine, but what is the 'filename' for stdin, stdout, stderr,
>on the ATARI ?

I have been playing around with different filenames and have found that
"CON:" seems to cause 'freopen' not to return an error. But upon reading
'stdin' the character '^J' (10) is always returned.

Do I need to do anything else or may there be a bug in the LATTICE 'C' library ?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Smith.

..!mcvax!ukc!kcl-cs!andrew