[net.micro.atari16] GEM-Kermit #2 truncated

dpz@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) (06/27/86)

It seems that our copy of the GEM-Kermit #2 uuencoded executable was
truncated somewhere.  Could someone mail me a good copy?

	Thanx,

			Davidann
--
Name: David P. Zimmerman	Nickname: "Davidann" (don't ask)
Cute quote: " (well, *I* think it's cute!)

randy@nlm-vax.ARPA (Rand Huntzinger) (06/27/86)

In article <5236@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> dpz@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) writes:

>It seems that our copy of the GEM-Kermit #2 uuencoded executable was
>truncated somewhere.  Could someone mail me a good copy?

When I uudecoded this on Unix I got an error message stating that there was
no 'end' in the file.  As it turned out the end was there but the file had
a CR/LF at the end of each line instead of just LF.  This was what was causing
the error.  If anyone else had a similar problem, try:

		tr -d '\015' | uudecode

I don't know if this is the problem here, but someone besides myself may have
run into it.

						Randy Huntzinger