[net.micro.atari16] Using kermit on Unix.

rb@cci632.UUCP (07/13/86)

In article <356@lll-lcc.UUcp> eckert@lll-lcc.UUCP (Philip D. Eckert) writes:
>HELP.... I  am trying to Download binary files from the VAX to my ST and am
>having no luck whatsoever.  I set the terminal emulator (PC/Intercomm) to
>Kermit Image and am using KERMIT with the -is option to send the file, but alas I have been without success. Am I going to have to wait until I get a copy of
>UUDECODE for the ST, or is there a secret I am unaware of?  Thank you for any
>help you can give me.

If you can't get a copy of uudecode, maybe it can be reposted?
It might be a good idea to cross-ref it to net.micro as well.

In reguards to kermit.  It is important to make sure that you

"set file-type binary" on unix kermit.

If you are using multiplexers such as micoms, you may need to
lower the baud rate before you connect/login.

Be sure you check the status on the ST side to make sure there
are no nak packets.

there seem to be some problems with unix kermit, or features,
that make transfers a little less "automatic" than other kermits.

Some versions of unix-kermit can run in 8 bit no-parity mode, and
the non-unix kermit can be set the same way.  I don't believe
this is the default.