[net.micro.atari16] Trouble loading LEADER BOARD anyone?

tlz@drutx.UUCP (ZrustTL) (07/28/86)

I've been having problems loading Leader Board into my 520ST.
I power down, wait a few seconds, power up and wait.  The beast
loads as far as the "insert Security Key" screen (key was in at
time of power up).  I hit a keyboard or mouse key at this point,
the screen displays the video confetti seen after reset and reboots!
This happens two or three times (with full power down each time)
and eventually loads.  Yes, I have the REAL security key plugged
in!  Anybody?
--
Terry L. Zrust, AT&T Information Systems Laboratories
MS 30L49,  11900 North Pecos Street, Denver, CO 80234

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (07/30/86)

In article <698@drutx.UUCP>, tlz@drutx.UUCP (ZrustTL) writes:
> I've been having problems loading Leader Board into my 520ST.
> I power down, wait a few seconds, power up and wait.  The beast
> loads as far as the "insert Security Key" screen (key was in at
> time of power up).  I hit a keyboard or mouse key at this point,
> the screen displays the video confetti seen after reset and reboots!
> This happens two or three times (with full power down each time)
> and eventually loads.  Yes, I have the REAL security key plugged
> in!  Anybody?

Call Accolade.  Their copy protection does not work with some early 520ST
keyboard controller chips.  They have a fix for this.  That's what they get
for going beyond the bounds of what we say is OK to use.

--
--->Neil @ Atari

...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil   or ...lll-lcc!vecpyr!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"I'm a 20th century man but I don't want to die here." -- Ray Davies