[net.micro.atari16] TOS in ROM chips

moore@NCSC.ARPA (Moore) (07/31/86)

What is a reasonable price for the TOS-in-ROM chip(s)?  A friend was told
$75 just for the chips, $100 including installation.  This seems a little
steep.  Any comments?

jim
(moore@ncsc.arpa)

cbz@mhuxl.UUCP (Craig B. Ziemer) (08/01/86)

Moore at NCSC.ARPA writes:

> What is a reasonable price for the TOS-in-ROM chip(s)?  A friend was told
> $75 just for the chips, $100 including installation.  This seems a little
> steep.  Any comments?

The local ATARI dealer here in Reading sells the ROM chips for $15, or
$25 installed.  Someone's trying to rip you off.

                                                 Craig B. Ziemer
                                                 mhuxl!cbz

lbl@druhi.UUCP (LocklearLB) (08/01/86)

In article <8607311550.AA11301@ncsc.ARPA>, moore@NCSC.ARPA.UUCP writes:

> What is a reasonable price for the TOS-in-ROM chip(s)?  A friend was told
> $75 just for the chips, $100 including installation.  This seems a little
> steep.  Any comments?
>
> jim
> (moore@ncsc.arpa)

That sure does sound expensive to me!  I paid $20 for the chips and installed
them myself.  Twenty-five dollars is not too bad for installation, but I have
seen the service offered for $15.

Barry Locklear