Subject: Re: Stock Program for Micros
From: SAC.HQSAC-ACMI@e.isi.edu

In 'Better Investing', a publication of the National Association of
Investors Corporation (NAIC), there is an ad for a program called
EvalForm 3.0.  The Investment Club  I belong to uses version 2.0
with a CP/M based machine.  Although the program is designed to
support NAIC methods to evaluate a stock it is an excellent tool
for the investor.  Data is gathered from either Standards and Poor's,
Value Line or both and entered into the program.  The printout provides
buy/sell/hold price ranges, best price to buy, upside/downside, and
several other valuable stats.  The report is about two pages long with
very little wasted space.

For more info write to :

	INVESTOR'S SOFTWARE
	BOX N
	BRADENTON BEACH, FL 33510
	(704) 743-2109
	(813) 778-5515

and identify your computer.

For info on the NAIC or how to start your own investment club write to:

	NAIC
	1515 E. ELEVEN MILE ROAD
	ROYAL OAK, MICHIGAN 48067

DISCLAIMER:  I am a member of NAIC but receive no compensation
benefit, nor anything else for mentioning them or if someone
joins.   I have no connection with INVESTOR'S SOFTWARE and
do not profit by mentioning them either.

Marc Frederick
HQ SAC/ACCA, OFFUTT AFB NE 68113

------- Message 2

To: escott@BONNIE.UCI.EDU
From: jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa

Without a doubt, the micro with the most stock market forecasting software is
the IBM PC/XT/AT and clones.  I don't have specific recommendations on
forecasting packages, but there is so much of it that finding it shouldn't be
a problem.

The Atari ST will, it is rumored, be able to run most IBM software with an
adaptor to be announced soon (or is it already announced?).  However, your
friend should probably just go buy an AT clone such as the Zenith Data Systems
Z248, or the IBM PC/AT itself, or comparable units from AT&T, NEC, ITT, WANG,
Leading Edge and many others.  The only reasons for using the Atari ST for
this purpose would be to save a lot of money and to have a 68000 processor to
play with.  From the way you posed the question, neither goal seems especially
applicable.  Buying a straight AT clone would undoubtedly minimize the
unforeseen complications in using standard software.

For a color monitor, I would suggest the NEC JC-1401P3A "Multisync" monitor,
which has very high resolution and is one of the few that you can use for word
processing without feeling bleary-eyed.  (The monochrome text display is the
sharpest I have seen on a color monitor.)  Princeton Graphics is also said to
have a very good monitor.  The Atari monitor might also be a good choice at a
lot lower price.  Any of these would justify one of the hi-res graphics cards
that are available for the AT clones.

- -John Sangster
jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa

------- Message 3

From: chabris_c%h-sc4@harvard.harvard.edu

I can't discuss it since I haven't actually used it, but I hear good things
about the ISGUR Portfolio System from Batteries Included, for the Atari ST
and MS-DOS.  It uses the GEM interface and includes an excellent communications
program, IS-Talk.  Hope this helps.

- --
- -- Christopher F. Chabris
   15 Sterling Road
   Armonk, NY   10504

   CompuServe: 73277,305
         UUCP: ...!harvard!h-sc4!chabris
         ARPA: chabris%h-sc4@harvard.ARPA
       BITNET: chabris@HARVUNXU.BITNET
         AT&T: (914) 273-8828

------- Message 4

To: Scott Menter <escott@BONNIE.UCI.EDU>
From: "Marshall D. Abrams" <abrams@mitre.arpa>

I have a stock charting program for Atari. I haven't used it because
I'm not into the market, but someone I know is and he seemed to like
the program.

- - Marshall D. Abrams, phone: (703) 883-6938
   The MITRE Corporation, 1820 Dolley Madison Blvd.
   Mail Stop W458, Mc Lean, VA   22102

------- End of Forwarded Messages