[net.sf-lovers] SF-LOVERS Digest V10 #231

BARD@MIT-XX.ARPA (06/26/85)

From: Bard Bloom <BARD@MIT-XX.ARPA>

> The "one to the 35th power" line is from "Court Martial," and is
> uttered by Spock.  He's not under duress; he's explaining how much
> he has turned up the gain on an audio sensor, so as to detect the
> heartbeat of...well, any more would be a spoiler.
>

> Was actually 1 to the 1,000,000 power, and was spoken by Kirk in the
> episode Courtmartial.  Since Kirk is somewhat distraught at the
> time, his slip is understandable.

(-8 NO!  It was actually spoken by Uhura, in Court Martial.  Not only was
she distraught at the time, she was possessed by an alien from Andromeda --
one not especially good at mathematics, either. 8-)

Surely *someone* has that Star Trek book.  (I don't think there's one in
Boston, though...)
-------