[net.micro.atari16] Q for Atari: the Home Planetarium

demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) (08/22/86)

A question for "the gang from Atari:"

The "Atari Planetarium" has been promised for over 6 monthes now, but
none of the dealers have it, nor do they know when to expect it in.
("...whenever Atari gets around to sending it," is the response I
hear the most often.)

Any release date, gang? Also, is there anything you can tell me about
the package:
	- does it make use of GEM and the mouse, etc
	- can I load/build my own databases
	- what type of database does it come from?
	- etc

Thanks in advance....

--
                           --- Rob DeMillo
                               Madison Academic Computer Center

	usenet: {ihnp4,harvard,seismo,topaz,decvax}!uwvax!uwmacc!demillo
	ARPA:   demillo@unix.macc.wisc.edu    (now isn't that easier?)

	"I am not so sure
	 what you want me for!			'War Games'
	 Either your machine is a 		   - Crosby, Stills and Nash
	 fool, or me..."

neil@atari.UUcp (Neil Harris) (08/25/86)

In article <201@uwmacc.UUCP>, demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) writes:
> A question for "the gang from Atari:"
>
> The "Atari Planetarium" has been promised for over 6 monthes now
> Any release date, gang? Also, is there anything you can tell me about
> the package:
> 	- does it make use of GEM and the mouse, etc
> 	- can I load/build my own databases
> 	- what type of database does it come from?
> 	- etc

No firm release date yet.  The developers of this package still have to
finalize the ST version.  The 8-bit Atari version has been out for a few
months now.

It does use the mouse and drop-down menus.  The database includes all 88
constellations and every star down to some magnitude (not sure at the
moment, but lots).  It includes all the planets and this past visit by
Halley's comet.  Deep sky objects like galaxies are also included.  For
every object displayed on the screen, there is a text entry that can be
called up by clicking the right mouse button.  A very impressive program.

--
--->Neil @ Atari

...lll-crg!vecpyr!atari!neil   or ...lll-lcc!vecpyr!atari!neil

BIX: neilharris		CIS: 70007,1135		Delphi: NEILHARRIS
GENIE: nharris		WELL: neil		Atari Corp. BBS 408-745-5308

US Mail: Atari Corp.
         1196 Borregas Ave.
         Sunnyvale, CA 94086

"I'm a 20th century man but I don't want to die here." -- Ray Davies