[net.micro.atari16] EasyDraw Output

RNEWTON@UMass.BITNET (08/29/86)

Does anyone out there have, know of, or know how to create a replacement
for the FX80.sys file that will drive a C-Itoh Prowriter 8510?  I hate
to think of trashing a very good printer to use one piece of software.
Rick Newton
University of Massachusetts - Amherst

michael@slovax.UUCP (Michael Longe) (09/03/86)

> Does anyone out there have, know of, or know how to create a replacement
> for the FX80.sys file that will drive a C-Itoh Prowriter 8510? ...
> Rick Newton

I might be able to specify a fix (via SID) if the aforementioned printer
is NEARLY Epson FX-80 compatible.  I used to work for Migraph, Inc., and
wrote a fix program for the Gemini 10X (available on CompuServe and local
BBS).  That was a matter of adjusting the vertical spacing (from 1/216 to
something else, I think).  FX80.SYS is rather hardware-specific, though,
and won't allow much tampering.  Migraph will be coming out with drivers
for laser and color printers in the future; others, I can't say.

			       Michael Longe'
			       ..!tikal!slovax!michael

-- standard disclaimer -----------------------------------------------

   Knowledge gained at present and prior places of occupation may be
   proprietary to my employers, but how in the heck will they get it
   out of my head?

-- usual disclaimer --------------------------------------------------

   Qui, moi?

braner@batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (braner) (09/04/86)

In article <860828185921.0000025E.ALCY.MA@UMass> RNEWTON@UMass.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone out there have, know of, or know how to create a replacement
>for the FX80.sys file...
    (of EasyDraw, for other printers)

- Or, for that matter, any general info about the output format?
Is it related to GDOS, or GEM device-independent stuff?  What would it take
to, say, derive Postscript output?

- Moshe Braner

wip014@uklirb.UUCP (09/04/86)

/***** uklirb:net.micro.at16 / UMass!RNEWTON / 11:59 pm  Aug 28, 1986*/
Does anyone out there have, know of, or know how to create a replacement
for the FX80.sys file that will drive a C-Itoh Prowriter 8510?  I hate
to think of trashing a very good printer to use one piece of software.
Rick Newton
University of Massachusetts - Amherst

I'd like to have a driver for the C.Itoh 8510 as well. I know that Atari-Benelux
has released such a driver for their SMM800-printer (or whatever they call that
thing). But there are no directions included for adapting the driver to any
other printer. And I just don't feel like comparing the FX80.SYS against the
SMM800.SYS or even disassembling the two.

I hope that someone comes up with a solution, Michael.

Michael Doerr
Uni. Kaiserslautern (Germany)
...!seismo!unido!uklirb!wip014