[net.micro.atari16] 1st word spacing

RDROYA01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Robert Royar) (09/14/86)

I have version 1.03 of the program.  Look under the style menu and
choose spacing.  If you have the text mode turned on (wrap and wp),
then the doc will auto double space when it wraps but not when you
type a <CR> yourself.  In fact, about printers, I can't get my
printer's on-board switches to do anything for spacing and pitch.  1st
Word initializes the printer at startup and makes it space the way the
program wants.  I edited the configure file.  But the codes for the
minimum move strings (horiz and vert) were confusing.  The last number
in the string, the parameter, seemed off, but when I changed it to
values closer to what WordStar uses for the same printer, the printing
really looked strange.  Does anyone know what HMI string to use to set
a Brother-HR15 to 12 pitch?

Another question: Is there a scribe type text formatter for the ST.
example: @quotation{This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample
nothing more. This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample nothing
more. This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample nothing more.
This is a sample nothing more.}

becomes

        This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample nothing
        more. This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample nothing
        more. This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample nothing
        more.  This is a sample nothing more.

I'd really rather use uEmacs for all of my writing and let a batch formatter
take care of the drudgery.

rdroya01@ulkyvx.bitnet

"You're probably wondering why I'm here. So am I.  So am I."
                                F. Zappa

tynor@gitpyr.UUCP (09/16/86)

In article <8609150202.AA23665@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> RDROYA01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Robert Royar) writes:
>Another question: Is there a scribe type text formatter for the ST.
>example: @quotation{This is a sample nothing more. This is a sample

	Long ago, I remember a roff varient called PROFF posted.  does
	anyone have a copy he/she could send to me?  sources or UUENCODEed
	executable are fine.

Progress means replacing something wrong with something more subtly wrong.

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Instutute of Technology

 ...{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
     ihnp4, masscomp, ut-ngp, rlgvax, sb1,
     uf-cgrl, unmvax, ut-sally}  !gatech!gitpyr!tynor