[net.micro.atari16] Where is Neil@Atari

fischer-michael@YALE.ARPA (Michael Fischer) (09/12/86)

Does anyone know how to get electronic mail to Neil Harris at Atari?
The addresss that used to work is
    vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA (Neil Harris)
but it seems to be no longer valid, as indicated by the bounced
mail message I received:
    bad system name: vecpyr
    uux failed. code 68
    550 <vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA>... Host unknown

--Mike Fischer
  <fischer@yale.arpa>

-------
-------

In article <8609121534.AA04117@yale-celray.YALE.ARPA> fischer-michael@YALE.ARPA (Michael Fischer) writes:
>Does anyone know how to get electronic mail to Neil Harris at Atari?
>The addresss that used to work is
>    vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA (Neil Harris)
>but it seems to be no longer valid, as indicated by the bounced
>mail message I received:
>
>--Mike Fischer <fischer@yale.arpa>

According to some postings in other groups, the site 'vecpyr' went off the
air one day and has not been heard from since:

Based on information in the uucp network maps, I offer the following
suggestions...

UUCP:

...!pyramid!atari!neil
...!lll-lcc!atari!neil
...!hoptoad!atari!neil

ARPAnet:

atari!neil@lll-lcc.ARPA

Note that the administrators of lll-lcc and hoptoad are known have a low
tolerance for mail that they feel is inappropriate or excessive being routed
through their systems...
--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (09/17/86)

> Does anyone know how to get electronic mail to Neil Harris at Atari?
> The addresss that used to work is
>     vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA (Neil Harris)
> but it seems to be no longer valid, as indicated by the bounced

{[{[{[{this may be a repost, the poster spit up on the first}]}]}]}]}]}]

unfortunately vecpyr has gone south (for good i believe) the new
address is:

{decwrl|saber|sun}!imagen!atari

--
----
		It aint life that gets me down, it's gravity

Name:	James M. Turner
Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
CompuServe: 76327,1575
GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL

----

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (09/19/86)

> In article <8609121534.AA04117@yale-celray.YALE.ARPA> fischer-michael@YALE.ARPA (Michael Fischer) writes:
>>Does anyone know how to get electronic mail to Neil Harris at Atari?
>>The addresss that used to work is
>>    vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA (Neil Harris)
>>but it seems to be no longer valid, as indicated by the bounced
>>mail message I received:
>>
>>--Mike Fischer <fischer@yale.arpa>

you can get atari thru us:

{decwrl|sun}!imagen!atari

hope that helps

--
----

jpexg@mit-hermes.ARPA (John Purbrick) (09/19/86)

> >The addresss that used to work is
> >    vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA (Neil Harris)
> >but it seems to be no longer valid, as indicated by the bounced
> >--Mike Fischer <fischer@yale.arpa>
>
> Based on information in the uucp network maps, I offer the following
> suggestions...
> ...!pyramid!atari!neil
> ...!lll-lcc!atari!neil
> ...!hoptoad!atari!neil
> atari!neil@lll-lcc.ARPA
> --
> George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr
> but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr@seismo.css.GOV
> Commodore, Engineering Department	fone: 215-431-9255 (only by moonlite)

Macy's may not talk to Gimbel's, but Commodore seems to know how
to talk to Atari! (What messages for Jack@Atari, guys?)

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (09/23/86)

>> >The addresss that used to work is
>> >    vecpyr!atari!neil@lll-crg.ARPA (Neil Harris)
>> >but it seems to be no longer valid, as indicated by the bounced
>> >--Mike Fischer <fischer@yale.arpa>
>>
>> Based on information in the uucp network maps, I offer the following
>> suggestions...
>> ...!pyramid!atari!neil
>> ...!lll-lcc!atari!neil
>> ...!hoptoad!atari!neil
>> atari!neil@lll-lcc.ARPA
>> --
>> George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr
>> but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr@seismo.css.GOV
>> Commodore, Engineering Department	fone: 215-431-9255 (only by moonlite)
>
> Macy's may not talk to Gimbel's, but Commodore seems to know how
> to talk to Atari! (What messages for Jack@Atari, guys?)

or

{decwrl|sun|saber}!imagen!atari

--
----
		It aint life that gets me down, it's gravity

Name:	James M. Turner
Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
CompuServe: 76327,1575
GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL

gnu@hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) (09/25/86)

Vecpyr changed their modem phone number and forgot to tell their
neighbors (one of whom is me).  That's why mail to atari via vecpyr
has been bouncing.  It should be fixed soon.

> From: grr@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (George Robbins)
> Note that the administrators of lll-lcc and hoptoad are known have a low
> tolerance for mail that they feel is inappropriate or excessive being routed
> through their systems...

I thank George for pointing this out.  Actually I suspect that *all* system
administrators have a low tolerance for inappropriate or excessive mail
going through their systems -- they just don't notice as much as we do.
One window on my Sun screen constantly displays the modem/uucp/mail/news
activity going on, so when I'm working I notice who is sending what through,
and I take the time to educate people who are wasting resources.  Letting
everybody know what works and what costs what is vital to keeping this
wonderful shared network without accounting or fees going.

	John
--
John Gilmore  {sun,ptsfa,lll-crg,ihnp4}!hoptoad!gnu   jgilmore@lll-crg.arpa
		     May the Source be with you!