[net.micro.atari16] 50 line editor.

Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) (09/30/86)

I am in need of an editor, any, which supports 50 line mode on a monochrome
monitor for the ST. So far, most TOS editors work fine, but none of the ones
I have support 50 lines. I had STEDT, and the one that comes with Personal
Pascal. Anybody know? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick Flashman
AT&T: (413) 549-0173
Bitnet: Flash%UMass.BITNET
US Snail: 1040 N. Pleasant St, Puffton 381, Amherst, MA  01002.

wampler@unmvax.UUCP (Bruce Wampler) (09/30/86)

In article <860929185414.00000870.ANWI.MA@UMass>, Flash@UMass.BITNET (Rick Flashman) writes:
> I am in need of an editor, any, which supports 50 line mode on a monochrome
> monitor for the ST. So far, most TOS editors work fine, but none of the ones
> I have support 50 lines.

	I understand that uEmacs does this, as does my TVX editor.
TVX has its own command set as well as emulating VI and EMACS.  I
can send you a copy of TVX and source if you send me 720K worth of
ST disks (pre-formatted, please) with return postage.
--
Dr. Bruce E. Wampler
University of New Mexico

..{ucbvax | seismo!gatech | ihnp4!lanl}!unmvax!wampler

turner@imagen.UUCP (D'arc Angel) (10/01/86)

> I am in need of an editor, any, which supports 50 line mode on a monochrome
> monitor for the ST. So far, most TOS editors work fine, but none of the ones
> I have support 50 lines. I had STEDT, and the one that comes with Personal
> Pascal. Anybody know? Help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Rick Flashman
> AT&T: (413) 549-0173
> Bitnet: Flash%UMass.BITNET
> US Snail: 1040 N. Pleasant St, Puffton 381, Amherst, MA  01002.

the new version of MicroEmacs 3.7i (posting as soon as i get a few final
bugs out) will support both (40x80) and (25x80) on b/w monitors, why not
50 ? i dunno...
--
----
		It aint life that gets me down, it's gravity

Name:	James M. Turner
Mail:	Imagen Corp. 2650 San Tomas Expressway, P.O. Box 58101
        Santa Clara, CA 95052-8101
AT&T:	(408) 986-9400
UUCP:	...{decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!imagen!turner
CompuServe: 76327,1575
GEnie     : D-ARCANGEL